+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Reply: Not enough company information.

chelseafan17

Apr 15, 2015
Hi everyone,

I applied in April, 2013 and got an email from CIC today seeking further information.

I had provided a reference letter regarding my experience from the President of the Company I worked for, along with a detailed list of duties and responsibilities which were mostly inline with duties on the website for this NOC.

During the processing period, my employer got a call from CIC but the number was shown to be Unknown. Someone from the company answered the initial questions about me but asked the agent/or whoever was calling to identify themselves because the call was from an unknown number. The agent didn't identify himself and kept asking questions at which my company refused to answer any further questions.

This is the content of the email I received:

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please note that your file is in process and will continue to be processed at the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office. I am writing you this letter to express my serious concern(s) regarding your application.

As per NOC 2281 for Computer network technicians/System Administrators set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance.
Based on the documents provided in your application, it is not clear whether the size of the company **** is large enough for a dedicated System Administrator.

I note that a conversation with the receptionist at ***** confirmed the fact that the company did not have an active website. We were unable to talk to anyone who would release any further information about your past employment there or the company itself over the phone. I have serious concerns that you may not have the work experience required for the Canadian Experience Class.

Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information and/or documentation that would allay my concern(s). You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/ or documentation to the above address."

Here's what I have to say about it:
*That company did 2.4 million dollars worth of business a year during the time I worked there and had about 15 employees working for them. Since then, they have had to downsize considerably, but they have proof for once having such and such number of people working for them and that some of them were laid-off.
* There was no mention of the company having a website in the duties we provided. The nature of the business did not require an active website but still depended heavily on the local network/servers/databases/workstations for their everyday workflow.

My question(s) is: What can I provide to confirm the size of the company when I worked there or What are the ways to provide more information regarding the company in this situation? or am I totally missing the point here.

Please help. Thanks

saja_roy

Sep 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-06-2014
Doc's Request.
29-01-2015 RCMP certificate
Nomination.....
Not applicable
AOR Received.
28-07-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
File Transfer...
11-08-2014
Med's Request
16-07-2015 RPRF Req 20-07-2015
Med's Done....
20-08-2015 ecas updated medical received on 22-04-2016
Interview........
Not applicable
Passport Req..
09-May-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-May-2016 passport received 30th-May2016
LANDED..........
04-06-2016
to address the questions of CIC officer I would say better consult a immigration lawyer immediately. And follow the advice of the lawyer.

rks0101

Oct 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chelseafan17 said:
Hi everyone,

I applied in April, 2013 and got an email from CIC today seeking further information.

I had provided a reference letter regarding my experience from the President of the Company I worked for, along with a detailed list of duties and responsibilities which were mostly inline with duties on the website for this NOC.

During the processing period, my employer got a call from CIC but the number was shown to be Unknown. Someone from the company answered the initial questions about me but asked the agent/or whoever was calling to identify themselves because the call was from an unknown number. The agent didn't identify himself and kept asking questions at which my company refused to answer any further questions.

This is the content of the email I received:

"This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada. Please note that your file is in process and will continue to be processed at the Case Processing Pilot-Ottawa (“CPP-O”) office. I am writing you this letter to express my serious concern(s) regarding your application.

As per NOC 2281 for Computer network technicians/System Administrators set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance.
Based on the documents provided in your application, it is not clear whether the size of the company **** is large enough for a dedicated System Administrator.

I note that a conversation with the receptionist at ***** confirmed the fact that the company did not have an active website. We were unable to talk to anyone who would release any further information about your past employment there or the company itself over the phone. I have serious concerns that you may not have the work experience required for the Canadian Experience Class.

Therefore I am asking you to submit any additional information and/or documentation that would allay my concern(s). You have 60 days from the date of this letter to submit the additional information and/ or documentation to the above address."

Here's what I have to say about it:
*That company did 2.4 million dollars worth of business a year during the time I worked there and had about 15 employees working for them. Since then, they have had to downsize considerably, but they have proof for once having such and such number of people working for them and that some of them were laid-off.
* There was no mention of the company having a website in the duties we provided. The nature of the business did not require an active website but still depended heavily on the local network/servers/databases/workstations for their everyday workflow.

My question(s) is: What can I provide to confirm the size of the company when I worked there or What are the ways to provide more information regarding the company in this situation? or am I totally missing the point here.

Please help. Thanks
Hi Chelseafan17,

It is important to respond to each questions raised by VO in the entire email.

'''As per NOC 2281 for Computer network technicians/System Administrators set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance.
Based on the documents provided in your application, it is not clear whether the size of the company **** is large enough for a dedicated System Administrator.'''

The key is that these questions relate to the qualifying period and not after that or before that. In my opinion, it is not the dollar value of the business (you could also state, as a supplement the $ value of business as secondary info) but amount of work (hours per day or per month or the qualifying period) that was needed for '''set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance''' + other related works of the NOC. You may have to provide a list of hardware, internet/intranet, softwares, servers, displays and other associated equipment you were required to setup / maintain for approximate X number of users etc. etc. IN nutshell you have to show (if correct) that there was enough NOC related work to get the qualifying work hours in a year or so (which is I believe 1560 or so...see cec website for qualifying period hours).

You would need to state (if correct) that current scenario does not represent same work load as company has downsized. You may choose to provide dates when downsizing was done, hopefully it was after the qualifying period! Your point about company website is valid, may be u could say only that ..''The nature of the business did not require an active website but IS OR WAS depended heavily on the local network/servers/databases/workstations for their everyday workflow.'' This clarifies absence of a website for the company''

I believe the VO was looking for website to verify about the company, so if you have printed/published details of the company including a annual report, you may want to share it with the VO.

Hope this helps!

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
rks offered a lot of good advice. The only thing that I would add is that it's probably not enough for YOU to say it. It would be better if you could get someone from the company to explain why they needed a systems administrator (or whatever your actual job title was), esp. considering they didn't even have a website.

gss89x

Star Member
Oct 9, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 15 2014
AOR Received.
December 05 2014
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
12-Jan-2016, Ecas updated 22-Jan-2016 ( Upfront)
Passport Req..
14 March 2016
VISA ISSUED...
30 March 2016
LANDED..........
12 April 2016
jes_ON said:
rks offered a lot of good advice. The only thing that I would add is that it's probably not enough for YOU to say it. It would be better if you could get someone from the company to explain why they needed a systems administrator (or whatever your actual job title was), esp. considering they didn't even have a website.
Jes_ON said the most important thing. It's not only about the website. When VO didn't find the website, still he called the company but no one provided the required information. If someone had provided the information from company, he would have never complained about missing website.

I hope you can get someone from company to clarify everything, Good luck.

retwant

Dec 18, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rks0101 said:
Hi Chelseafan17,

It is important to respond to each questions raised by VO in the entire email.

'''As per NOC 2281 for Computer network technicians/System Administrators set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance.
Based on the documents provided in your application, it is not clear whether the size of the company **** is large enough for a dedicated System Administrator.'''

The key is that these questions relate to the qualifying period and not after that or before that. In my opinion, it is not the dollar value of the business (you could also state, as a supplement the $ value of business as secondary info) but amount of work (hours per day or per month or the qualifying period) that was needed for '''set up and maintain Internet and intranet Web sites and Web-server hardware and software, and monitor and optimize network connectivity and performance''' + other related works of the NOC. You may have to provide a list of hardware, internet/intranet, softwares, servers, displays and other associated equipment you were required to setup / maintain for approximate X number of users etc. etc. IN nutshell you have to show (if correct) that there was enough NOC related work to get the qualifying work hours in a year or so (which is I believe 1560 or so...see cec website for qualifying period hours).

You would need to state (if correct) that current scenario does not represent same work load as company has downsized. You may choose to provide dates when downsizing was done, hopefully it was after the qualifying period! Your point about company website is valid, may be u could say only that ..''The nature of the business did not require an active website but IS OR WAS depended heavily on the local network/servers/databases/workstations for their everyday workflow.'' This clarifies absence of a website for the company''

I believe the VO was looking for website to verify about the company, so if you have printed/published details of the company including a annual report, you may want to share it with the VO.

Hope this helps!
Such a good advise! +1 from me...