+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Processing time after ITA - New Delhi, India

manharnarang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hi All,

I received an ITA in the month of June 2015 and submitted an application in the last week of July 2015. Its been almost 5 months now and the application is still in process. The "A Background Check is Needed" is in Progress and "Review of Eligibility" is in Progress.

Could anyone please let me know how much time it usually takes for Express Entry application to be processed completely (its mentioned as 6 months on the CIC website)? Anyone who has his/her application processed recently? Please have a look at my timeline and let me know your thoughts on it.

Thanks in advance.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
6 months is the average time for PR process, and 80% of applications are done in 6 months. Practically, the maximum has to be 1 year because medical tests done before AOR is valid only for 1 year.

Please apply for GCMS notes to see what happened to your file, because it appears you've waiting long enough. You might get PPR in a few weeks maybe, but apply for GCMS nevertheless.

manharnarang

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
number411 said:
6 months is the average time for PR process, and 80% of applications are done in 6 months. Practically, the maximum has to be 1 year because medical tests done before AOR is valid only for 1 year.

Please apply for GCMS notes to see what happened to your file, because it appears you've waiting long enough. You might get PPR in a few weeks maybe, but apply for GCMS nevertheless.
Hi number411,

Thank you for your response. Can applying for GCMS notes negatively impact my processing?

vdassani

Star Member
Nov 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
manharnarang said:
Hi number411,

Thank you for your response. Can applying for GCMS notes negatively impact my processing?
NO! It is your right to know whats happening with your application.