+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Panel Physicians all 12+ hours away..

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Hello everyone!

I tried searching the forum for more information but I couldn't find anything, so here I am.

I live in Southern Oregon. I am filing an Outland Spousal Sponsorship application in a few weeks. I wanted to do my medicals up front, and I had an appointment with the only panel physician in Oregon - 5 hours away, in Portland. However, her office called me this morning to inform me she was no longer doing immigration exams.

I'm slightly annoyed, but moving forward. The two nearest panel physicians are Seattle, or San Fransisco, which are both 12 hours/450 miles/700 Km away from my current location :/

On the CIC website, it says if the nearest panel physician is more than 4 hours away/250 km to contact them for further assistance. Does anyone know what assistance they offer? I can't call them because their # is for in Canada only.

Any experience or advice would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

I'm just really curious what sort of consolation they supposedly offer if your nearest panel physician is that far from you.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have you considered coming to Canada, to visit your partner/spouse, and just have the medical done there? It's a lot cheaper!

Wow...Are you sure that Southern Oregon is 12 hours away from Seattle? Are you traveling by skateboard? LOL!

You could also contact CIC by email...and then take a verrrrry lonnnnng nap, while awaiting their reply.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
Ponga said:
Have you considered coming to Canada, to visit your partner/spouse, and just have the medical done there? It's a lot cheaper!

Wow...Are you sure that Southern Oregon is 12 hours away from Seattle? Are you traveling by skateboard? LOL!

You could also contact CIC by email...and then take a verrrrry lonnnnng nap, while awaiting their reply.
Oops I guess it's more like 9, lol. 450 miles. It just depends on traffic - Seattle and Tacoma traffic is the worst:(

I was thinking about doing that, visiting Vancouver in the future... but my husband is going to be here in Oregon in 3 weeks, and we were going to apply then. I really wanted to do the medical up front >_<;

TorontoEH

Star Member
Feb 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 18, 2014
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2014
File Transfer...
Apr 16, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 7, 2014
Ask your partner to call them from inside Canada. I'm pretty sure that they will have a better option for you.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
My S/O contacted them and they emailed us this;

Sir, Madam,

Thank you for contacting Citizenship and Immigration Canada. I am pleased to follow up on your request:

Panel Physician Dispensation

Only a Panel Physician authorized by Citizenship and Immigration Canada can do the immigration medical examination. You cannot choose your family doctor if his name is not on this list.

If after consulting the Panel Physician list on our Website you do not find a doctor:

· in your area offering services in your preferred official language (English or French); and

· who is located within 250 km or within 4 hours (one way) of your residence

You may then request a dispensation to use an alternate medical practitioner (as opposed to a CIC designated Panel Physician).

If you are inside Canada, you must call the CIC Call Center 1-888-242-2100 with the doctor’s contact information:

· name;

· complete address;

· phone and fax number;

· e-mail address (if available).

CIC will review their credentials (this process may take approx. 10 business days) and send them instructions by fax or e-mail.

If you are outside Canada, you must contact the Visa Office.

Amalthea

May 27, 2014
Vancity
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2014
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
Med's Done....
08-07-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
waived
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2015
LANDED..........
18-06-2015
There is an US immigration doctor in my town I will be contacting after I contact the US Visa office to make sure that's okay:)

I copied and pasted the e-mail so other people could reference this post in the future if they found themselves in the same situation, ie, medical exam too far away:)

Thanks everyone, appreciate all your help! Have a great day.

jlauhn

Star Member
Nov 19, 2014
Honduras
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Amalthea said:
There is an US immigration doctor in my town I will be contacting after I contact the US Visa office to make sure that's okay:)

I copied and pasted the e-mail so other people could reference this post in the future if they found themselves in the same situation, ie, medical exam too far away:)

Thanks everyone, appreciate all your help! Have a great day.
Thanks for the info!