+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Changing job after ita before submission

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
Hi everyone, I changed my job 2 weeks before my submission. The job had been 54 weeks till the day the quit so there's no problem with the experience count. However, my agent did not add the day I quit the job in my history. She kept it "until present". Is that a problem? If so what should I do? Please help me!!
Thank you

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Hi everyone, I changed my job 2 weeks before my submission. The job had been 54 weeks till the day the quit so there's no problem with the experience count. However, my agent did not add the day I quit the job in my history. She kept it "until present". Is that a problem? If so what should I do? Please help me!!
Thank you
You should add this change to your work experience section or, if you are not claiming CRS point with your new work, should at least mention it in personal history section.

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
You should add this change to your work experience section or, if you are not claiming CRS point with your new work, should at least mention it in personal history section.
I am not claiming point with this job anyway. My only concern is that because I changed my job before submission but till the day of submitting my agent did not add the end date in my work section, does it mean misrepresentation or something?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
I am not claiming point with this job anyway. My only concern is that because I changed my job before submission but till the day of submitting my agent did not add the end date in my work section, does it mean misrepresentation or something?
it is misinterpretation. you are required to report any change in circumstances. so if you have a new job different from the one detailed in the application, you are required to inform IRCC about it.

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
it is misinterpretation. you are required to report any change in circumstances. so if you have a new job different from the one detailed in the application, you are required to inform IRCC about it.
What should I do :( it was not even me doing it :( It was my agent. Can I write a letter to explain?

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
What should I do :( it was not even me doing it :( It was my agent. Can I write a letter to explain?
You can't blame your immigration representative since you have signed an agreement with each other and whatever he has done is equal to yours. Indeed this is a misinterpretation and you should raise a webform ASAP.

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
i would recommend talking to your agent first. Ideally the agent should have been aware of this. recommend that a webform be raised to inform IRCC of this change. if they agree, then you're ok. if they don't get it in writing that they were aware of your job change and yet filled the application accordingly. can decide next steps after this conversation. tip: keep it polite, you dont want to burn bridges with them at this stage

Reactions: LizzyBennet

LizzyBennet

Star Member
Aug 10, 2020
i would recommend talking to your agent first. Ideally the agent should have been aware of this. recommend that a webform be raised to inform IRCC of this change. if they agree, then you're ok. if they don't get it in writing that they were aware of your job change and yet filled the application accordingly. can decide next steps after this conversation. tip: keep it polite, you dont want to burn bridges with them at this stage
Thank you very much

shubh008

Nov 29, 2021
Hi Guys,

I received my ITA in april 2024 but currently i am unemployed.and also i quit my job in august 2023. Do i need to change my experience proof as when i submitted my application i was working in that company but i quit that in august-2023.

Will it affect my application to ircc while validating?Please help.