+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of address

Roger55

Oct 13, 2009
I sent e-mail and letter to visa office advising of change of address, but e-cas has not changed old address. Any info. on how long this takes ? Thanks.

Roger

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ECAS updates are done weekly by most of the visa offices. However, even if you have sent an e mail, letter or fax, please log on to ECAS and submit the change of address from there. That will be more efficient.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Roger55 said:
I sent e-mail and letter to visa office advising of change of address, but e-cas has not changed old address. Any info. on how long this takes ? Thanks.

Roger
I second wilson's opinion

qorax

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brampton, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
LANDED..........
May-2010
wilson said:
ECAS updates are done weekly by most of the visa offices. However, even if you have sent an e mail, letter or fax, please log on to ECAS and submit the change of address from there. That will be more efficient.
Brother,

Except for fax or postal media, the site based 'web form' or a 'direct' email to the CHC, both would do the same job. As both reaches the same basket at individual CHCs.

However, the e-cas is not the most reliable system to check on this issue. As wilson stated, it is updated only weekly; and sometimes is not done so either for weeks together, due to admin reasons (read over burdenned). Though on file it might have been done in a jiffy.

I had sent my address change request in both formats, sparsed by 30 days. I got my PPR, but the e-cas yet shows my old address.

Regards.

tran

May 10, 2009
There was an error in my mailing address. I sent an email to CIC, and it was
changed in a couple of days. I was impressed by the speed.