+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Address with CIC

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Do you guys know how to inform CIC about change of address?
Is there a specific form for that, or should we just write a letter?
Has anybody ever done that?

I will wait my AOR to arrive, I will do my medicals and then inform CIC about change of address.
Also, is it better to inform the change while we are in US, or on the home country or it does not matter?

Thanks
Akk

chow

Sep 23, 2008
akk said:

I will wait my AOR to arrive, I will do my medicals and then inform CIC about change of address.
Also, is it better to inform the change while we are in US, or on the home country or it does not matter?

Thanks
Akk
I think there is no standard form for this. You can fax it referring your details on the document.
I read somewhere you can inform them 15days prior to your leaving date. It seems they are taking some time to update mailing address.

email2kale

Feb 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-Feb-2009
Nomination.....
03-Dec-2009
AOR Received.
14-Jun-2010
Med's Request
14-Jun-2010
Med's Done....
17-Jun-2010
Passport Req..
22-Jul-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-Aug-2010
LANDED..........
05-Dec-2010
akk said:

Thanks
Akk

I think if you have any email reference from them, then you can reply it to that with Address Change.

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
email2kale said:
akk said:

Thanks
Akk

I think if you have any email reference from them, then you can reply it to that with Address Change.
Any idea how leaving the country will affect the processing in terms of processing time. As per the info from trackitt, it seems like passports are requested after two months of medicals. How much of a delay will it cause if one transfers the case out of USA. Anybody know of someone who did the same?

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Chow,
Do you have the fax number?

email2kale,
CIC does not send any emails....so there is no way to replying to one of them :)

Bendjoe,
It depends from country to country, check CIC website, also CIC would not even transfer to your home country....Actually I think if the applicant have done the medicals in US, the chances of transferring is pretty low...they would just transfer if that enhances the processing...

Akk

bendjoe said:
email2kale said:
akk said:

Thanks
Akk

Any idea how leaving the country will affect the processing in terms of processing time. As per the info from trackitt, it seems like passports are requested after two months of medicals. How much of a delay will it cause if one transfers the case out of USA. Anybody know of someone who did the same?

chow

Sep 23, 2008
Buffalo Immigration Fax: (716) 852-2477

Prior to fax just confirm with CIC Buffalo VISA office. Send them an email to: buffalo-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca.

Reactions: Jules82

mumbaimerijan

Jan 4, 2009
The best way is to email/fax the changes to CIC and keep on checking the Client application status online of your application .As soon as the CIC makes an upated it will be reflected in your online status. You can access the online status once you get your AOR.

Cheers!!!

chow

Sep 23, 2008
mumbaimerijan said:
The best way is to email/fax the changes to CIC and keep on checking the Client application status online of your application .As soon as the CIC makes an upated it will be reflected in your online status. You can access the online status once you get your AOR.

Cheers!!!
Hi,
Any Idea how long CIC takes to update?

bendjoe

Aug 23, 2008
akk said:
It depends from country to country, check CIC website, also CIC would not even transfer to your home country....Actually I think if the applicant have done the medicals in US, the chances of transferring is pretty low...they would just transfer if that enhances the processing...

Akk
If CIC dont transfer the case then passport request will be sent to an international address. Is it a good idea to send passport out of the country by post?

akk

Sep 2, 2008
Actually I was thinking about that...I don't know how they would do that, but I don't have another option..
I need to leave the country, hope they have a solution.
This ideia about sending passports at this time of the economic crises is dangerous, on my point of view.
Imagine that the applicat sends the passport, gets laid off, and then have to wait at least 2-3 months until the passport comes back...(out of status...)

Any thoughts about this?

Akk

bendjoe said:
akk said:

Akk
If CIC dont transfer the case then passport request will be sent to an international address. Is it a good idea to send passport out of the country by post?

A

Albertagoverner

bendjoe said:
akk said:

Akk

[/quote

"Passport SHOULD not sent to international destinations" It is "Should" not "Must". Otherwise How the guy in this forum was from Philippines and got PR in Manila CIC and sent his passport from Canada to Manila and CIC stamped PR and sent back to Canada address? He was working in canada on work permit. If that was the case than how it happened? Just send a small email to buffalo enquiry email with this request. CIC buffalo will respond with right answer.