+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Change of Address REQUIRED? after PR card received...

beachgirl

Oct 3, 2008
Hi, I have received my PR card. Does anyone know if I need to submit my new address to immigation when I move to a new place?

Leopard

Sep 28, 2008
I dont think you are required to submit your new address after getting your PR card . It is only required if your PR in process for correspondences . Regards.

ghiaskhan

Your PR card,Health card & Driving licence are your identity documents and must bear accurate
address and other information contained there in, get your address changed.If you intend to travel, the Permanent Resident Card is the official proof of your status as a permanent resident in Canada.This wallet-sized plastic card is required for all permanent residents of Canada seeking to re-enter Canada on a commercial carrier (airplane, boat, train or bus). I am sure your accurate address will help authorities to contact your family in case of emergencies.

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
Is it compulsory to change/update address on PR card? There is no address on PR card so I wonder whats the need of it.

I have just updated my Driver's License and Health Card online for change of address as I moved a place of my own (rented) recently. Uptill now I was staying with my relatives and its their address that is/was there on all my documents. Just wondering if PR needs to be updated too.

DavEd

Star Member
Mar 15, 2018
Is it compulsory to change/update address on PR card? There is no address on PR card so I wonder whats the need of it.

I have just updated my Driver's License and Health Card online for change of address as I moved a place of my own (rented) recently. Uptill now I was staying with my relatives and its their address that is/was there on all my documents. Just wondering if PR needs to be updated too.
PR card has no address on it... IRCC only needs your address if you have an application in process...
If you don’t have an application in process then it’s not necessary

Reactions: DiNaV

DiNaV

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-May-2016
AOR Received.
22-Apr-2017
IELTS Request
30-Apr-2016
Med's Done....
06-Mar-2017(Pre-meds)
PR card has no address on it... IRCC only needs your address if you have an application in process...
If you don’t have an application in process then it’s not necessary
Does this mean that whenever I renew my PR card, its then that I will need to update my latest address of that time?