+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chances of VISA rejection if you change your domain

Tony7474

Nov 26, 2021
Hi Guys,

Let me frankly tell you that i am devoid of sleep for the past 2 days. I did my bachelors in Mechanical Engineering from India and it was during my college days i got exposed to cybersecurity and its plethora of opportunities.I attended different workshops,took up foundation of IT electives and my learnings paved way to land up as a Cyber security Engineer in Wipro Pvt ltd which was the first company that came to my college for recruiting.
Currently I am having 3 years of work ex as a Network Security Engineer and wish to apply for Meng in Information Systems Security in Concordia University.
Here comes my fear and anxiety as I heard from many since my undergrad was mechanical and applying for a computer science program would definitely result in 99% of VISA getting rejected and the rest 1% depends on ur SOP and luck.
I am too worried in this and I really want to pursue this career. I hope you guys could relate the mental stress that i am going through.
Can someone let me know the truth on this and would all my efforts be in vain. Can someone help me out here