+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ceremony invite/passport stamps

benel

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
hi all, my wife took the test 2 weeks ago and passed, during the interview the gentleman told her that he will send her a request/instruction to translate the entry/exit stamps on her country of origin passport. he said she will receive it in the next "two weeks or so" , and once she send the translation back, she should expect a ceremony invite 2 months or 2months and half after the translation was received by IRCC.

so far we did not receive any instructions, and given that the ceremony and passport altogether might take about 3 months, should we go ahead and renew her PR card considering that we are travelling outside of Canada mid-June? (we only have March, April, and May left before things get tricky...)

her PR card expires on the date of return to Canada, which is not safe at all...
has anyone experienced such case where they had to wait for instructions before the ceremony ? and how long they had to wait for?

any insight is appreciated.

Matut

Feb 28, 2018
I would not believe IRCC "average" too much. Somebody at work had their PR card renewed last year and he told me it took 6 months to complete the process.

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
I would not believe IRCC "average" too much. Somebody at work had their PR card renewed last year and he told me it took 6 months to complete the process.
This January it took less than four weeks for a member of my family to renew his PR card.