+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CELPIP Test After Citizenship

nofanofkjj

Feb 23, 2019
My wife took the CELPIP LS test, passed and is now a Canadian citizen. She wants to continually improve her English, however, for the purpose of getting a better job. She told me she wants to take another CELPIP test. I told her this is not possible, and that one is only able to take the CELPIP test to apply for PR (general CELPIP test) or to apply for citizenship (LS). Since she is already a citizen, she cannot take it again. Furthermore, a CELPIP test is only a snapshot of her English skills at the moment she takes the test. It's not going to help her improve her English. What are her options in terms of ESL classes?

Marc

Last edited:

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

My wife took the CELPIP LS test, passed and is now a Canadian citizen. She wants to continually improve her English, however, for the purpose of getting a better job. She told me she wants to take another CELPIP test. I told her this is not possible, and that one is only able to take the CELPIP test to apply for PR (general CELPIP test) or to apply for citizenship (LS). Since she is already a citizen, she cannot take it again. Furthermore, a CELPIP test is only a snapshot of her English skills at the moment she takes the test. It's not going to help her improve her English. What are her options in terms of ESL classes?

Marc
1. You can take the CELPIP as many times as you want, as long as you are willing to pay the cost.
2. She should contact the local school board/settlement agencies about ESL and show her LS results and they will probably enroll her in an appropriate level English classes.
3. Good for her that she wants to improve her language ability.