+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cash Payment

Sonyal

Star Member
Nov 7, 2020
Hi, can anyone who received PR mention what all they submitted? I was working for my Uncle for 9 months and received salary in cash. I didn't deposit the same into the bank account nor did I file tax returns since the salary was so low. A revert would be greatly appreciated. Also, since it's my dad's brothers business will it raise suspicion?

Hustler12345

Oct 8, 2021
Thank you very much for your response.

I can check with the employer and try to get the salary certificate. I have few follow up questions on this topic. It will be really helpful if you can guide me through it.

1. Is there any specific format provided by CIC for salary certificates or I can create one with detailed information and send it for approval / authorization to my employer so that I can certified copy from accounting department of my employer.

2. I also read about providing salary voucher's but this employment was 6 years back so I don't have them. Employer might have something as they used it for filling corporate taxes. Is there any value in putting efforts in getting those voucher's from employer ?

3. Have you came across anyone who used salary certificates OR voucher's and got PR without any issues ?
Hi Please respond to my query. After today's FSW draw I think I will get ITA by today EOD. Really need your help in following question.

Only question I have now is , How many salary certificates are required ?
- Should I ask for salary certificate for every financial year ? Or
- It should be single salary certificate highlighting entire tenure and monthly and yearly salary
Hi. Could you please let me know if you got your PR without the Bank statement. I too was paid in cash.

empower

Star Member
Apr 9, 2023
You need to have a reference letter from the employer stating your salary. They need not mention the mode of payment.

I did not submit any bank statements or cash vouchers or salary slips, just the reference letter along with the business card of the signee.
Your reference letter was on letterhead? How many months experience were you claiming for this? Please guide

JASLEEN KAUR1997

Sep 11, 2020
Single salary certificate with entire tenure and annual salary plus a break up of monthly salary.
hi my employer did. mention that i was paid in cash per month along with the amount in reference letter itself....he did not issue me any separate salary certificate..would that be enough?

JASLEEN KAUR1997

Sep 11, 2020
Nowhere in immigration refugee protection act is it written that cash salary is not allowed, but the onus is on you to prove it.

You need only papers:

1) Reference letter:

With ALL the details, as required by CIC plus mention of salary been paid in cash.

2) Salary Certificate:

A letter issued by employer on letterhead head, stating that employee was paid in CASH throughout the tenure, along with job title, tenure period and monthly salary (also annual salary).
. what if the reference letter mentions that i was paid in cash _____ amount each month...would i still need a separate SALARY CERTIFICATE????? FOR OINP IN PARTICULAR

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
. what if the reference letter mentions that i was paid in cash _____ amount each month...would i still need a separate SALARY CERTIFICATE????? FOR OINP IN PARTICULAR

No need to provide any certificate or any other proof. Only incorporate the following in your Reference Letter itself:

This is also to confirm that (at the time of leaving the company) he/she is/was earning an annual gross salary (including
all benefits) of INR 00,00,000/-, paid in cash. She/he is/was a full-time employee and worked for 00 hours per week.
This letter is issued on request of the employee. We confirm all information is true as per our records.
For any further clarification/information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I know & understand that you must be having further queries regarding this or anything else related to cash. Feel free to clarify all the points.

Last edited:

JASLEEN KAUR1997

Sep 11, 2020
No need to provide any certificate or any other proof. Only incorporate the following in your Reference Letter itself:

This is also to confirm that (at the time of leaving the company) he/she is/was earning an annual gross salary (including
all benefits) of INR 00,00,000/-, paid in cash. She/he is/was a full-time employee and worked for 00 hours per week.
This letter is issued on request of the employee. We confirm all information is true as per our records.
For any further clarification/information, please do not hesitate to contact me.

I know & understand that you must be having further queries regarding this or anything else related to cash. Feel free to clarify all the points.
hi canmah.....is there any way i could share the certificate issed to me ? by authorities?

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
This is to certify that _________ graduated in _______with _______at _______India. Subsequent to that, she completed her Compulsory Rotatory Paid Internship at ________ from ____ to ______ as per ______ India Regulations. ______ was paid a stipend of Rs._____/- in cash per month as an intern, and she worked 42 hours per week during the period of her internship. THEY DID NOT MENTION ANNUAL AMOUNT.....

Reference Letter requirements by IRCC states:

a reference or experience letter from the employer, which
should be an official document printed on company letterhead (must include the applicant’s name, the company’s contact information [address, telephone number and email address], and the name, title and signature of the immediate supervisor or personnel officer at the company),
should indicate all positions held while employed at the company and must include the following details: job title, duties and responsibilities, job status (if current job), dates worked for the company, number of work hours per week and annual salary plus benefits.

Canmah

Star Member
Nov 29, 2019
This is to certify that _________ graduated in _______with _______at _______India. Subsequent to that, she completed her Compulsory Rotatory Paid Internship at ________ from ____ to ______ as per ______ India Regulations. ______ was paid a stipend of Rs._____/- in cash per month as an intern, and she worked 42 hours per week during the period of her internship. THEY DID NOT MENTION ANNUAL AMOUNT.....
@legalfalcon ... please help