+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CAQ attestation letter

Aadi673

Feb 20, 2024
I am writing to seek your advice and assistance regarding the recent changes in the study permit rules for Canada, particularly in relation to the requirement for a Provincial attestation letter.

As you may be aware, I applied for my CAQ on December 9, 2023, and received it on January 12, 2024. However, with the recent changes in the study permit regulations, it has come to my attention that I now require a Provincial attestation letter from the province or territory where I plan to study.

According to the guidelines provided, for schools in Quebec, the Quebec Acceptance Certificate (CAQ) is required to include the following line: "This attestation letter confirms that the applicant has a place in Quebec’s share of the distribution of study permit applications or is exempt from it."

I understand that CAQs for applications received before 8:30 a.m. ET on January 22, 2024, do not necessarily include this line.

Reference website- Study permit: Get the right documents - Canada.ca

My concern lies in the fact that if I reapply for the CAQ to ensure this line is included and receive the same CAQ without the required line, it could potentially delay my study visa application process further.

Therefore, I kindly request your guidance on the best course of action in this situation. Should I reapply for the CAQ and explicitly request the inclusion of the specified line? Or are there alternative solutions or procedures I should consider?

I greatly appreciate your expertise and assistance in navigating this matter. Your guidance will be invaluable in ensuring a smooth and timely completion of my study visa application.

Thank you very much for your attention to this matter. I look forward to your advice and recommendations.