+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Cancellation of the immigration representative/consultant (RCIC)

Mar 23, 2024
Hi,

I hired an RCIC because of the complications of my profile as I was hoping to get an LMIA and for that the consultant asked me to sign a representation takeover form and so that he can directly access it under his ID instead of mine.

At the same time, we also submitted a work permit appeal application right before my open work permit expiry date.

Later, when we were about to submit the documents and my employer refused to provide one of the required documents at the last moment.

And now, because the sole purpose of having a consultant in the first place was only because of the complexities involved in the LMIA process which is no longer applicable. I reached out to my consultant to cancel the "representation" of the EE profile and he told me "cancelling the representation will lead to the refusal of work permit appeal application as well".

Is that right? as he mentioned that they are linked together, I tried reading about the same online but wasn't able to get the correct piece of information.

If anyone can help with the right pointers, will be appreciated.