+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian new born... please answer questions..

ngk

Mar 29, 2008
I have a new born and he is a Canadian citizen obviously.. I am a canadian pr. Please clarify the following queries..

i) my kid is already covered under OHIP... If he stays out of the country for an year, Will he have OHIP coverage up on return?
ii) I would like to stay say for an year.. , I would like to take my kid to India on a 5 yr multiple entry visa. But the indian embassy website says foreigners need to register if they want to stay beyond 180 days.. Did some one had similar experience?
iii) Even If I stay out of the country, will i still be able to get CCTB? (canada child tax benefits)?

Please answer.. I appreciate your time.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ngk said:
I have a new born and he is a Canadian citizen obviously.. I am a canadian pr. Please clarify the following queries..

i) my kid is already covered under OHIP... If he stays out of the country for an year, Will he have OHIP coverage up on return?
ii) I would like to stay say for an year.. , I would like to take my kid to India on a 5 yr multiple entry visa. But the indian embassy website says foreigners need to register if they want to stay beyond 180 days.. Did some one had similar experience?
iii) Even If I stay out of the country, will i still be able to get CCTB? (canada child tax benefits)?

Please answer.. I appreciate your time.
1. No, longer than 212 days outside Ontario, his would no longer be valid.
2. No, you have to be resident in Canada to get CCTB.
3. You have to discuss with the Indian consulate.

PMM

ngk

Mar 29, 2008
Re: Canadian new born... please answer questions.....

Thanks PMM for your responses...

If my kid returns after 212 days, do we need to report this information to oHIP? or will they know it automatically? If coverage will not be valid, do we need to apply for a new OHIP ? Please share your ideas..

If my spouse stays in canada and I go to India with my Kid for six months and return, will I be eligible for CCTB?

I appreciate your time..

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Canadian new born... please answer questions.....

Hi

ngk said:
Thanks PMM for your responses...

If my kid returns after 212 days, do we need to report this information to oHIP? or will they know it automatically? If coverage will not be valid, do we need to apply for a new OHIP ? Please share your ideas..

If my spouse stays in canada and I go to India with my Kid for six months and return, will I be eligible for CCTB?

I appreciate your time..
1. No.
2. No, the child has to be in Canada to be eligible.

PMM

ngk

Mar 29, 2008
HI PMM,

Thanks for your response..

Canada has only the entry check, how do they track my stay outside Canada? Please share your ideas...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ngk said:
HI PMM,

Thanks for your response..

Canada has only the entry check, how do they track my stay outside Canada? Please share your ideas...
The entry stamp arrival in another country, Esta, airline records.

PMM