+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Equivalency for DIPIETE

Je5i

Oct 23, 2020
I recently got my DipIETE certificate evaluated via WES to a Canadian equivalency of 4 years bachelors degree. Thought I'd share the result with folks who completed the DipIETE program as I could not find any solid information online on the Canadian equivalency of this program.

This was a 3 year Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication from IETE that I'd completed in 2008. Here is the process:
  1. Create your WES profile and initiate and application, make payment, and get WES reference number

2. Scan and Upload requested documents to WES - Your membership certificate and marks list

3. Get in touch with IETE on sic@iete.org to have your transcript sent to WES - they are prompt and will provide you with next steps. Though their online systems are old, they work.

4. Make payment with IETE as instructed, initiate email request with IETE citing payment transaction details.

5. Wait for IETE to send transcript - mine was received at WES within a week.

6. Wait for WES to process the application - they start as soon as the transcript is received from IETE and completed in 48 hours.
When initiating the WES application, "Institute of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers" is available as an option to select for the 'Institution' field. For 'Type of Education', I'd selected "Professional Education: ...".

WES evaluated the diploma program to a 4 year Canadian Bachelors degree. Those who worry whether your DipIETE program will be evaluated by WES can rejoice. They do.

Here is an article I wrote which shows screenshots as well - https://medium.com/@jeffytalk/canadian-equivalency-for-iete-diploma-dipiete-5fab4aefaba3

Hope this helps some one on the internet!

Last edited:

Balajisai

Apr 20, 2024
Hi
I am using WES Canada degree equivalency tool. In that I didn't find Institue as IETE.

I have completed Electronics and telecommunication (AMIETE) From IETE Delhi.

If DipIETE Is equivalent to 4 years of Canadian degree. Any idea what is the Canadian equivalent for AMIETE ??