+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian citizenship - September test results

satishkrs

Dec 6, 2011
Had anyone taken the citizenship test in September from Surrey office received their test results? I had taken my test on September 28th and haven't heard anything so far. Is this usual? They have taken note that I currently live and work in the US. Will that influence my application? I've lived in Canada for 1095 days in the 4 years prior to my application. They did mention during the exam that it will take 2 to 4 months to get the results and the interview officer had mentioned that I may have to see the Citizenship judge as I do not live in Canada anymore. Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

jrushton

Dec 21, 2011
I took it in Surrey in September also and have still not heard anything. I am pregnant and would REALLY like to get all this behind me before my baby comes. :(
Any new news for you?

satishkrs

Dec 6, 2011
I didn't hear anything yet. My wife had given her test last week and they had informed her that it will take 4 to 6 months for the results. I wish you all the best, both for your test results as well as your baby's arrival.

Murad106

Dec 25, 2011
satishkrs said:
Had anyone taken the citizenship test in September from Surrey office received their test results? I had taken my test on September 28th and haven't heard anything so far. Is this usual? They have taken note that I currently live and work in the US. Will that influence my application? I've lived in Canada for 1095 days in the 4 years prior to my application. They did mention during the exam that it will take 2 to 4 months to get the results and the interview officer had mentioned that I may have to see the Citizenship judge as I do not live in Canada anymore. Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

satishkrs

Dec 6, 2011
Same here. Still keeping my fingers crossed! I'm sure I'll clear the test, but this delay is unusual. How confident are you about your test?

jrushton

Dec 21, 2011
After taking the test I was really confident that I had passed... now I'm starting to get worried that maybe I didn't?? What a hassle that would be. Have you tried calling the CIC and asking about your results?

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
satishkrs,

Interesting. So you put in 1095 days and then applied for citizenship. Could you explain when exactly you left back to US ?

- After Mailing out Citizenship package (A) OR After taking Test (B) ?

If case A applies, you left after applying but then where and how did you get your correspondence and invitation to test notification etc ? - US address / friend's Canada address; can you please explain the mechanism by which you knew when to come up to Canada to take test?;

If case B applies however, then you remained here in CDN after sending your application and till you went thro the steps of checking status, receiving correspondence and Test notification letter. YOu then took test and then left back to US;

Finally, you say that they are aware you went back to US; does that mean you told them when you went in to take test ? In other words, you say "they know" because of the proof and papers of US visa work proof or did you also have discussion on this when you arrived to give test and brought all your papers ?; was a bit confused there...

Much appreciate your help with throwing some useful light on the above questions.

B

bestplace4u

my wife also gave test in september vancounver no news yet is it normal?

jrushton

Dec 21, 2011
Still haven't heard anything yet either. My test was on September 26. Oddly enough a friend of mine had her test on Sept 28 and had here swearing in ceremony on last week. Not sure what is going on.

satishkrs

Dec 6, 2011
I had called up CIC today to find out the status. I was pleasantly surprised when the call center agent had congrtulated and informed me that my ceremony has been scheduled for 2-Mar-2012. She told me that the letter was mailed on 14-Feb-2012.

All the best for all those who are waiting for their ceremony.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Hi satishkrs, Congrats !

I had asked you a question earlier. Also, in your original posting you mentioned as I do not live in Canada anymore. Any help regarding this will be greatly appreciated.

I take it you in US or overseas ? Could you please kindly explain how they will be mailing out letter to you - is it to US address ? Also, did you leave after applying back to overseas for work /financial reasons ?

Much appreciate benefitting for your timely help and advice.

satishkrs

Dec 6, 2011
us2yow,

I had to leave Canada as soon as I became eligible for citizenship to take up my new job in the US. The plan was to return to Canada at a later time. I had provided my friend's home address as my mailing address and received all my communications in that address and also on ECAS. CIC will not mail any documents outside the country and they are fine with having a mailing address different than your home address. I flew back to take my citizenship test and I'll once again fly back for the citizenship ceremony.

Though the interview officer had noticed my visa stamps she didn't raise any question about my whereabouts. It was me who had volunteered that information when she asked me what was my job in Canada. I wanted to be honest and informed that I was currently working in the US. I'm glad I told that as otherwise I would have felt guilty of suppressing the information.

Hope that helps.

us2yow

Dec 15, 2010
Thanks Satishkrs. Much Appreciate that insight.

One more question:

in principle do you then have any links at all in Canada ? Family / Bank account / Real estate ? And what about OHIP and Drivers Licence- did you give that up too ? . Did you exchange your Canada driving Licence for a US one ? I know when we move to Canada the US one is exchanged for a Canada licence.

And I guess you promptly file taxes on World Income for Canada yes ?

Also, Did you get RQ ? (I hope not)

Once again, mnay thanks for the second set of responses. Wish you the best !