+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizen marrying foreign worker

ttrites

Jun 14, 2012
All the information i have found gives information on a Canadian citizen sponsoring or marrying a person from abroad, however my boyfriend is a foreign worker in Canada but his working visa will expire in about 5 months. I am a Canadian Citizen and we want him to stay here, but as we have not been common law for 12 months, there doesnt seem to be any way for him to stay here. I looked at all the possibilities through employement, but those don't apply to us either.
We have been discussing getting married so that he can stay here...this is somethign we would do anyway, but may now need to do sooner so that he can stay.
Does anyone know if there is any special paperwork that will need to be filled out?
Does the marriage have to happen before his visa expires? and if so, how long before?
Are there any alternatives that i am just not seeing??

disappointed10

Nov 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2014
Med's Done....
13-12-2014
Passport Req..
august 19 2015
Hi there , I'm on the same situation , what happen to ur boyfriend? Did u get married? How did it go? Thanks

woshihaoxiongdi

Oct 15, 2012
One way is to extend work permit through LMO. So this will give you guys the time to establish common law relationship. After 1 year, you can sponsor him.

Another way is to get married now and apply for sponsorship right away.