+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Certificate of Identity

AAA1982

Jul 21, 2014
Ladies/ Gentlemen,

I am a Canadian PR, applied for the certificate of Identity.. But i heared there is certain countries do not recognize it as a travel document, can anyone please give me some tips about which countries could not visit them as a Canadian PR - certificate of identity holder??!

Thank you very much,

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAA1982 said:
Ladies/ Gentlemen,

I am a Canadian PR, applied for the certificate of Identity.. But i heared there is certain countries do not recognize it as a travel document, can anyone please give me some tips about which countries could not visit them as a Canadian PR - certificate of identity holder??!

Thank you very much,
You can avail a Provincial ID from Service Canada in spite of a Canadian Driver's licence. It cannot be used as a travel document. Your passport is the identity for all countries. But you can present your Provincial ID card ( if you got one from Service Canada ) or driver's licence / PR Card just for proof of your Canadian residency, where ever necessary.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AAA1982 said:
Ladies/ Gentlemen,

Thank you very much,
Best to go to the website of the diplomatic mission/visa post in Canada for each country you want to visit and see if they accept a COI as a valid travel document. You won't get much help beyond that as not many on the forum will do this open ended leg work for you.

AAA1982

Jul 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your responded, i have contacted with the Schengen Visa office in Vancouver and they said: Canadian Certificate of Identity is exemption visa to German but for the other schengen area need to apply for the visa.