+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada TRV application mailed to DC - HELP!

phorkaar

May 23, 2011
Hello,

I sent my TRV (Visitor Visa) application to Washington, DC via mail which was recieved by the embassy on May 6, 2011. I have a H1-B visa scheduled in Toronta, Canada for May 31, 2011 for which I have flights booked for May 29, 2011. BUT, I have not yet recieved my passport with the Canadian visa yet.Would you please advice on how I should proceed. What I want to know is if I have family member visit the embassy in DC, will they process and hand over the passport to them, even if i sent the application in the mail? I need to get the passport before this Friday, which is in the next 5 days. Would you please let me know if the above is an accceptable option, if not, any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

phorkaar said:
Hello,

I sent my TRV (Visitor Visa) application to Washington, DC via mail which was recieved by the embassy on May 6, 2011. I have a H1-B visa scheduled in Toronta, Canada for May 31, 2011 for which I have flights booked for May 29, 2011. BUT, I have not yet recieved my passport with the Canadian visa yet.Would you please advice on how I should proceed. What I want to know is if I have family member visit the embassy in DC, will they process and hand over the passport to them, even if i sent the application in the mail? I need to get the passport before this Friday, which is in the next 5 days. Would you please let me know if the above is an accceptable option, if not, any help will be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time.
Well the processing time shown for Washington is 30 days. So no the won't hand over the passport to your relative, until the 30 days are up. Sorry, but I think you better change your appointment and flight dates.

phorkaar

May 23, 2011
Thanks PMM. I realized that they changed the processing time to 30 days on 5/20/11. Since when they received the application (on 5/6) the processing time was still 14 days, do you think they will take that into consideration?

Thanks for your help.

ssamjos

Star Member
May 20, 2011
phorkaar said:
Thanks PMM. I realized that they changed the processing time to 30 days on 5/20/11. Since when they received the application (on 5/6) the processing time was still 14 days, do you think they will take that into consideration?

Thanks for your help.
Same situation. Really unprofessional.

phorkaar

May 23, 2011
Does anybody know if the embassy will process and hand over the passport to either me or a family member if we visit the embassy office even when i sent my application in mail?
I emailed the embassy with the question but no response yet. I even called them but a person answers the phone and transfers to an automated message. I am not sure how I can contact the embassy.

I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks.

ponchi

May 24, 2011
I sent my friend to NYC office with an authorization form and they gave my passport with a visa next day. I applied on 12th of May and they gave the passport to my friend on 25th of May. So It may be worth to try.

gjy103190

Apr 25, 2011
ponchi said:
I sent my friend to NYC office with an authorization form and they gave my passport with a visa next day. I applied on 12th of May and they gave the passport to my friend on 25th of May. So It may be worth to try.
But do you think if it is fine if we go in person to collect our passport? two friends applied visa with me and we sent our applicatoin package to Detroit. I already received mine but they haven't.. as our travel time is approaching, I wonder if I can go to Detroit and collect the passport for them? They can't travel to anywhere without their passport.

Thanks so much for your information

ponchi

May 24, 2011
Here is the form:

www-cic-gc-ca/english//pdf/kits/forms/IMM5475E-PDF

you can collect their passports if they sign this form. (change "-" with ".")

ponchi

May 24, 2011
my friend had to wait for 1 day. If it's already in process they might just give it right away.

Some

May 30, 2011
Hi guys

I will be so grateful if you can help me with the advice. I've sent my application to Canadian Consulate in New York on May 20, 2011. I am applying for visitor visa for two weeks to visit my relatives in Toronto. Here my status is J2 and I live in Boston, MA. I've already been in Toronto last October and got easily visitor visa at the Canadian Consulate in Buffalo at the same day. As I need to travel to Toronto very urgent and my passport has not arrived yet, do you think it is possible to go to New York to pick up my passport by myself? I've sent a mail request to them today, but doubt if they gonna answer. And if I go there, how should I contact them to get the passport?

Thank you very much in advance for any possible assistance and advice. I really need it very urgent.

dilcha9

Dec 28, 2011
Hello,

Can you share your experiences for this situation? I have a very similar situation where I mailed my passport with the application but I need the passport urgently for other international travel and I am planning on going in person to pick my passport up from the Canadian consulate. Can we just walk in and ask for the passport or can we authorize someone to pick it up for us?

Thanks.

dryogeshmore

Feb 9, 2012
I am in the same situation currently, I aplied for TRV on Feb 6, I need to travel to Toronto on a short notice. I have faxed in the documents i received from university explaining the urgent travel need. I was wondering if I can send my friend as a representative to collect my passport -visa or Is it worth a try to go in person and visit the Embassy in Washington to explain the urgency.
Your input, experience in this matter is highly appreciated
Thanks