+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canada Passpost Not Received Yet

Dec 19, 2016
I am in this situation :

Applied for Canadian Passport ( not received yet) and yet have Indian Passport.

Need to travel to India because father is sick. Can i travel and how can i come back?

spyfy

Champion Member
May 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
26-08-2015
I am in this situation :

Need to travel to India because father is sick. Can i travel and how can i come back?
When did you apply for your passport? When are you traveling? Where did you apply?

If you applied at a Passport Canada office (NOT a Service Canada office), you will get your passport about two weeks after application (easter holidays might delay things marginally). If you really can't wait until it arrives, you could go to a Passport Canada office and talk to to them, that you already applied but that you would now need the passport urgently. If they haven't started producing your passport yet, they might allow you to pay the surcharge for an express passport, being produced within 24 hours.

Regarding the Indian passport, check the forum regarding if you can still use it or if you must surrender it immediately. I would defer for people with experience.

xylene

Apr 16, 2010
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
24-June-2010
Doc's Request.
05-Oct-2010
AOR Received.
07-Feb-2011
File Transfer...
In Process 24-May-2012
Med's Request
04-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
16-Sep-2013 | 28-Oct-2013 'Medical Received' line in eCAS
Passport Req..
PP reached NDVO on 19-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 23-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Apr 2014
I am in this situation :

If you cannot get the Canadian passport on time as spyfy mentioned then one option (if you have US visa ) is to travel with Indian passport and then on the journey back take the flight to a US city near the border and then take a rental car / ask someone to pick you up .You can cross the border with just landing paper and Indian passport .
But I would talk to Passport Canada to see how it can expedited .