+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

can someone experienced evaluate my task 2 please :)

IvanaCo

Star Member
Aug 10, 2019
Dubai
NOC Code......
Some people say free time activities for children should be organized by parents. Others say that children should be free to choose what they do in their free time. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

While mothers or fathers prefer arranging their child's recreation time by including various games or exercises, some families choose to leave the decision on how to use spare time for their children. Even though I believe that young ones can benefit greatly from being independent and making choices on their own when they are slightly older, parents’ planning and supervision are necessary for children of kindergarten age, which I will elaborate on further in this essay.

Planning the children's free time can be valuable as it can include activities fundamental for child development such as doing sports or playing problem-solving games. These types of activities are improving their gross motor skills and physical health, as well as their communication and critical thinking, especially for those of preschool age. If children are left to decide by themselves, some less beneficial activities, such as watching TV, might be their choice, which is proven to be a main cause for delays in forming social skills.

In contrast to preschool-age children, giving freedom of choice to young persons of primary or high school age has its own advantages. Youngsters can learn how to make the right choices which can also boost their self-confidence. For example, by deciding on what after-school programs they prefer to enroll in, rather than what their parent thinks is best for them, a teenager will feel respected and equal which will positively impact their self-esteem.

All this considered, I believe adults should plan and prepare meaningful activities for the youngest ones in contrast to leaving the choice to the school-age children so that children of all ages are impacted positively.