+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can refugee's ask blood relatives to come visit?

redalot

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My dad dies last year and outsource I wasnt able to attend... my mom is old and I dont know how long its gona take until i see her again.

Is there anyway I can have her visit me? I guess i cannot sponsor anyone due to my status of "protected person", so what are my option?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
redalot said:
My dad dies last year and outsource I wasnt able to attend... my mom is old and I dont know how long its gona take until i see her again.

Is there anyway I can have her visit me? I guess i cannot sponsor anyone due to my status of "protected person", so what are my option?
Sorry about your dad.... surely it is great loss for you..and may his soul rest in peace.

1) first is that she can apply for a visit visa. the chances and very very low but she can still apply and successfully get a visit visa (trv) if she is can prove/demonstrate that she is financially very sound and have reasons to return back to his home country. visit visa (trv) cannot be sponsored. by sponsorship if you mean the invitation letter than anyone can send her that...(by law an invitation letter has no legal binding). and in terms of a Visit visa(trv) i think it is the least important document in an application. even if you were not a refugee here still the invitation letter wud hav not been the reason of an approved TRV.

2)once you become a PR you can surely sponsor your mother in parents sponsorship category(so far it is a very long process..)