+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can I add my spouse in the EE profile after ITA received

1983sahara

Jan 12, 2016
Hi All,
I am married but I have not included my spouse in my EE profile so far because I dont have her ECA and ielts scores ready. Adding spouse does not really impact much as far as my CRS score is concerned, it will increase my marks by 2-4 points.
I want to know that Can i update the profile and add my spouse details in the profile after I get ITA. Currently I have mentioned that my spouse is not accompanying me. I have 458 score and expecting that I should get a chance in this or next draw. Meanwhile I would have score of my wife by next month.
My question is that can I add my spouse details after receiving the ITA and submit the modified details within the time frame of 60 days. This can save 1-2 months for me if it is possible to do that.

Reactions: yamaha.rx135

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're PNP or have a job offer (above 600), then you're probably fine. Otherwise, if your CRS falls below the cut-off score of the draw on which you received your ITA, your application will be refused.

I'm not sure how you said if doesn't have much of an impact on your CRS! Adding spouse can reduce your CRS by 40, only to be compensated if your spouse has PHD, and scores very high on IELTS, and has Canadian work experience. BRUTAL I know.

Also please be advised that if you are ALREADY married, you have to declare this in your application, or risk being charged with misrepresentation.

Reactions: PR Dreamer

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can edit your post ITA profile to indicate that your spouse is accompanying - a short LoE would be in order to explain this change. Remember that your score will be recalculated if your spouse is 'accompanying' and your ITA will be void if the recalculated score falls below that draw's cutoff.

Also remember that while recalculating the score, IRCC would consider as valid only those elements of your application which were in place as on the date of the draw - your spouse's IELTS and ECA wouldn't add to your recalculated score if they were received AFTER the draw date. In such a scenario, your spouse's inclusion would reduce your overall score.

1983sahara

Jan 12, 2016
Thanks.
Yes I will mention that i am married. I will only say that wife is not accompaying right now and will join after I have job in canada.
This is very interesting point that I will only get points for my spouse If it was vaild on the date of draw.
So then in the case i will keep my profile without spouse only.

How long will it take to sponsor and get visa for my wife in case i am a PR of canada?

av.citizen

Star Member
Apr 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Have a look at this url http://www.canadavisa.com/family-sponsorship-processing-times-spouse-and-partner.html

nikunj2605

Apr 9, 2017
You can edit your post ITA profile to indicate that your spouse is accompanying - a short LoE would be in order to explain this change. Remember that your score will be recalculated if your spouse is 'accompanying' and your ITA will be void if the recalculated score falls below that draw's cutoff.

Also remember that while recalculating the score, IRCC would consider as valid only those elements of your application which were in place as on the date of the draw - your spouse's IELTS and ECA wouldn't add to your recalculated score if they were received AFTER the draw date. In such a scenario, your spouse's inclusion would reduce your overall score.
Hello Sir,

I got ITA on 19 April 2017 as a single applicant then I got married on 21 April 2017 and my wife did Education evaluation and English test after that so English test result date is 20 April 2017 and Education Evaluation report date is 25 April 2017 Now my question is her Education evaluation date and IELTS result date is after ITA date so does it count for re-calculating score??

Becuase If I count this both then recalculating score going higher than that ITA cut off otherwise it is going lower. I also called many times to CIC call center they also can't able to answer that and ask me to submit my question here. it is very critical because I am not able to make a decision that shall I decline or go ahead with ITA.

So in conclusion, in this, my given scenario will express entry on submitting my ITA will count my wife's Education evaluation and English test result point on recalculating my score.

Thanks in advance for your time..!

Sakshi21

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Hi
I have a question regarding adding my spouse later when ITA is received, if I apply for single as of now(married) and then later on I receive my ITA and add my husband, would it be fine to go ahead. I am not able to add my spouse at this time because of my spouse's WES not prepared. Although IELTS is done and we are sure of our score before adding my spouse (applying single but married) and after adding my spouse. I mean with adding my spouse later with WES and IELTS both our points increase by 2 points. So please help me with my query

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
Hi
I have a question regarding adding my spouse later when ITA is received, if I apply for single as of now(married) and then later on I receive my ITA and add my husband, would it be fine to go ahead. I am not able to add my spouse at this time because of my spouse's WES not prepared. Although IELTS is done and we are sure of our score before adding my spouse (applying single but married) and after adding my spouse. I mean with adding my spouse later with WES and IELTS both our points increase by 2 points. So please help me with my query
I am in same situation ,did u submit ee ?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Hi
what do you mean by "applying single but married" you mean non-accompanying? Saying you're single when you're not isn't a good idea

I am in same situation ,did u submit ee ?
You can apply with non accompanying but take into considering everything that entails from it (i.e. spousal sponsorship, change in situation etc...) you will still have to provide proof of funds, medical and PCC for both, etc...

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
I will submit EE only once I get his Wes. Don't wanna take any chances
it's better + IELTS. (also check if having the partner as primary affects the points, if they score good on IELTS it can make all the difference you need)

Minid

May 28, 2017
Category........
it's better + IELTS. (also check if having the partner as primary affects the points, if they score good on IELTS it can make all the difference you need)
Already checked IELTS for both. Just awaiting WES. :(