+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Can copr be used for re-entry via land border.

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
Hey everyone,

I’m approved for PR and am planning to do a soft landing after 2 months. my current nationality doesn’t have visa free entry to Canada or US. I do have a valid US b1/b2 visa.

During my stay, I intend to make a day trip or two across the land border to the USA and back To Canada. I’m pretty certain I will not receive my pr card as my stay is limited to 3 weeks.

so my question, is, that allowed as I’m not going to be using a public mode of transportation for rentry(eg, boat/plane. I will be using a rental vehicle)- I’ve read people have done that using their COPR?

anyone who has done this recently or has any idea?

thank you!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey everyone,

I’m approved for PR and am planning to do a soft landing after 2 months. my current nationality doesn’t have visa free entry to Canada or US. I do have a valid US b1/b2 visa.

During my stay, I intend to make a day trip or two across the land border to the USA and back To Canada. I’m pretty certain I will not receive my pr card as my stay is limited to 3 weeks.

so my question, is, that allowed as I’m not going to be using a public mode of transportation for rentry(eg, boat/plane. I will be using a rental vehicle)- I’ve read people have done that using their COPR?

anyone who has done this recently or has any idea?

thank you!
Yes, COPR should be fine for entry at land border. Lots of cases reported here.

Note, don't understand your soft landing etc plans etc - but if you land, return to USA for a period, and then back to Canada, yes, COPR will work.

Reactions: Sonikell

Sonikell

Apr 24, 2023
thanks for your reply. Just making a small day trip or two to go sight seeing in the US while I’m there. Just activating the pr now..moving is going to be one hell of a packup