+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Buying a house in Toronto

naharoni

Mar 24, 2008
Hi,

I have been in Canada for the last 2.5 years and still waiting for my landed immigrant documents.
Since I've arrived, I paid the Canadian income taxes which were deducted from my pay slip.
I am planning to buy a condo soon and have already contributed twice for the RRSP plan and now would like to withdraw the money towards my down payment with no tax deduction.

However, I noticed that in order to take advantage of the HBP (Home Buyer Plan) benefit, I need to be a resident in Canada. Is that correct?
Is the fact that I am paying taxes and contributing to the RRSP enough to make me eligible for using this benefit?

Thanks, Naama

zap0ne

Jan 14, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
24-07-1998
naharoni said:
Hi,

I have been in Canada for the last 2.5 years and still waiting for my landed immigrant documents.
Since I've arrived, I paid the Canadian income taxes which were deducted from my pay slip.
I am planning to buy a condo soon and have already contributed twice for the RRSP plan and now would like to withdraw the money towards my down payment with no tax deduction.

However, I noticed that in order to take advantage of the HBP (Home Buyer Plan) benefit, I need to be a resident in Canada. Is that correct?
Is the fact that I am paying taxes and contributing to the RRSP enough to make me eligible for using this benefit?

Thanks, Naama
Hi Naama,

You might find the best advice is from a mortgage broker or provider. I have a number of contacts for Mortgages who would be glad to answer your questions without any obligation etc. Get back to me and I can email you my contacts for you to pursue.

Good luck
Roy

zetec452

Dec 27, 2008
Whats the general tax rate for a mortgage? Is there a formula or website to work this out?

I've been on various mortgage calculator websites but none of them include the final price, which is a little frustrating.

Cheers,

zap0ne

Jan 14, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
24-07-1998
zetec452 said:
Whats the general tax rate for a mortgage? Is there a formula or website to work this out?

I've been on various mortgage calculator websites but none of them include the final price, which is a little frustrating.

Cheers,
Your Mortgage is a debt not a purchase or income! You do not pay tax on a mortgage payment.