+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

British Citizen & Canadian PR, common law is Filipino & Canadian PR, what visa?

JamesRR

Feb 10, 2015
Hello CV,

I'm in a pickle here and cannot find any specific info.

Im a British Citizen and a Canadian PR, my common-law is a Philippines Citizen and a Canadian PR, our daughter is a Canadian citizen.

We need to travel to England for the purpose of tourism and a family visit. We are on a time limit as my Dad is having medical problems and I'd like to see him in June.

My question, does my common-law still require a visa even though she is travelling with a British Citizen?

If she does, what route do I need to follow and is there 'fast service' available?

Your reply, even with a link to info will be of so much help.

Thank you.

James.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
JamesRR said:
Hello CV,

I'm in a pickle here and cannot find any specific info.

Im a British Citizen and a Canadian PR, my common-law is a Philippines Citizen and a Canadian PR, our daughter is a Canadian citizen.

We need to travel to England for the purpose of tourism and a family visit. We are on a time limit as my Dad is having medical problems and I'd like to see him in June.

My question, does my common-law still require a visa even though she is travelling with a British Citizen?

If she does, what route do I need to follow and is there 'fast service' available?

Your reply, even with a link to info will be of so much help.

Thank you.

James.
Yes, she will need a visa. https://www.gov.uk/check-uk-visa/y/philippines/tourism

That link will take you to the application process.