+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Both PRC Holder Getting Married

ladyofcosburn

May 1, 2008

We are both PRC (Permanent Residence Card) holder, planning of getting marry this year, by August '08 I can take my oath as Canadian Citizen and He will have his oath by December '08 as Canadian Citizen too. My question is this: If we marry by September '08, and we will update our records and will declare that we are married, what will going to happen to his PRC and Citizenship?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ladyofcosburn said:

We are both PRC (Permanent Residence Card) holder, planning of getting marry this year, by August '08 I can take my oath as Canadian Citizen and He will have his oath by December '08 as Canadian Citizen too. My question is this: If we marry by September '08, and we will update our records and will declare that we are married, what will going to happen to his PRC and Citizenship?
Your question really doesn't make sense, unless you are changing your name on your citizenship application to your married name. Then you send a copy of your marriage certificate, otherwise it will be processed in your maiden name. CIC doesn't care if PRs marry.

PMM