+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Boosting of PR processing

questionAsler

Feb 21, 2024
Dear Respected Team,

I applied for the PR process two years back with my family. But one of my family members is not in Canada. We came to Canada because we faced difficulties (which I don't think I can disclose here. I am very happy that Canada helped us when I needed the help the most. But since my son (19 years old) is not here, I am worried about him, and I also have been facing some difficulties emotionally, and mentally since he is not here. Can I raise a web form regarding this matter, or is it better to visit near IRCC office to enquire in person.

What would you suggest?
This community has been helping me so far with so many questions, which I am very thankful for.

I am again sorry, but I am not able to disclose the reason for my filing for asylum.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Dear Respected Team,

I applied for the PR process two years back with my family. But one of my family members is not in Canada. We came to Canada because we faced difficulties (which I don't think I can disclose here. I am very happy that Canada helped us when I needed the help the most. But since my son (19 years old) is not here, I am worried about him, and I also have been facing some difficulties emotionally, and mentally since he is not here. Can I raise a web form regarding this matter, or is it better to visit near IRCC office to enquire in person.

What would you suggest?
This community has been helping me so far with so many questions, which I am very thankful for.

I am again sorry, but I am not able to disclose the reason for my filing for asylum.
There is nothing you can do other than try and apply for a TRV. There is not way to speed up the process. Going into an office will not do anything. If you applied for PR 2 years ago you should be getting close to the end of the process.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Dear Respected Team,

What would you suggest?

you can send a webform, request ATIP and call IRCC to try and get an update- i found a combination of these things can help. good luck

Florcita

Star Member
Feb 18, 2024
AOR Received.
27-10-2023
Dear Respected Team,

What would you suggest?

I understand your situation. At least you have part of your family with you. Here I am alone and my family is my country.
As you applied two years ago , now your time is longer than the regular time. So you can contact the member of the parliament from your area. Call them or email them, maybe you even can go in person. Explain your situation and they will help you because now your time is longer than the usual. What Im telling you is why they told me because I tried before but they said I have to wait two years. But for you now it is the time.

Good luck and hopefully you will be soon with your family.

Last edited:
Reactions: ref19to22

questionAsler

Feb 21, 2024
I understand your situation. At least you have part of your family with you. Here I am alone and my family is my country.
As you applied two years ago , now your time is longer than the regular time. So you can contact the member of the parliament from your area. Call them or email them, maybe you even can go in person. Explain your situation and they will help you because now your time is longer than the usual. What Im telling you is why they told me because I tried before but they said I have to wait two years. But for you now it is the time.

Good luck and hopefully you will be soon with your family.
Thank you so much for the guidance.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Dear Respected Team,

What would you suggest?

the other thing I would do if your processing time is more than the normal processing time, call IRCC and ask them to flag your application to your case worker. The agent can only do this if your processing time has exceeded what is considered 'normal'. They did this for me with my PR card.