+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BOC - Refugee **Urgent**

SinDarella41

Jul 17, 2023
Hi All,

I submitted BOC to claim refugee status and it was updated online. I gave biometrics, medicals and received my WP as well for which I am grateful. However there is a slight information which I would like to add on the claim form due to a recent change in my situation. Can someone pls let me knw what is the process to update BOC?
Please note i have not received any interview letter from IRB/RPD yet. i checked online it says we can add or amend any information before it is submitted to IRB/RPD. Please advise.

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Hi All,

I submitted BOC to claim refugee status and it was updated online. I gave biometrics, medicals and received my WP as well for which I am grateful. However there is a slight information which I would like to add on the claim form due to a recent change in my situation. Can someone pls let me knw what is the process to update BOC?
Please note i have not received any interview letter from IRB/RPD yet. i checked online it says we can add or amend any information before it is submitted to IRB/RPD. Please advise.
Do you have a lawyer? I’ll suggest that you work with your lawyer to update your BOC.

Biwako

Mar 6, 2022
I dont really have a lawyer - but i have a legal aid certificate - but will the lawyer work on a "submitted" BOC? and will this effect my claim?
Yes they will, that is called "amendment". I have changed some details on my BOC multiple times before my hearing.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
I dont really have a lawyer - but i have a legal aid certificate - but will the lawyer work on a "submitted" BOC? and will this effect my claim?
Updating your BOC with new information is normal and will not impact your claim, unless you are changing your story completely which would impact your credibility.
Also involving a lawyer at any point will not effect your claim.

Reactions: Danny1.