+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BLS lost my originals? Please help!

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
Hi,

I applied for the painfully annoying process PIO to OCI. I am very annoyed because when I got the PIO, very next month or two they decided PIO needs to be converted to OCI, without any definate details. Some said, its not mandatory, some said its advised to convert it etc. Please note mine is not a hand written PIO at all.

On top of that, I now had to pay some extra draft for this conversion.

I went to BLS, with perfectly aligned documents, based on their checklist, Canadian Passport, copy of PIO and Original PIO, (Indian cancelled passport eventhough I did not need to take that with me)

A PIO HOLDER already went through the hassle of getting the PIO so it is implied that the OCI conversion should be simple and not suffering.

When I went to BLS, they asked me unnecessary things like, where is your landing paper? Did you bring your original student visa copy? oh okay, do you at least have the cancelled Indian passport.

I tried to explain them that, it was not asked but then I figured its pointless to argue with these people so I said, alright I do have the Indian passport that was cancelled.

So here.

They said, I must give the original PIO card for verification and dont worry it will be returned to you.

So after I submitted the applciation, the tracking changed to Original ready for pick up.

When I went there, they told me to wait, and brought a stapled envelope from the inside, which had PIO card written on it, and the acknowledgement for the OCI as well. After signing the ledger, they handed the envelope, which was "empty"

I was like, what is this?

So the person said, the PIO card will be returned with the OCI booklet. So I asked why are you giving me an empty envelope then. It was hard for me to believe that because as soon as I took that "empty envelope" the status changed to, original was delivered by hand, as I checked my phone from there.

I called the call center and the person who I spoke to said, sorry PIO card may not be returned after checking my application.

I asked him why, he said we don't return original PIO Card.

Did they lose it or they are not giving it to anyone lately?
I used that PIO card as an ID to ship a giant container ocean freight to India and I need that original to clear the customs, as it will be harder for them to suddenly change the document.

Can someone shed some lights, anyone who went through this process very recently? Did you end up getting your PIO card back???

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi,

I applied for the painfully annoying process PIO to OCI. I am very annoyed because when I got the PIO, very next month or two they decided PIO needs to be converted to OCI, without any definate details. Some said, its not mandatory, some said its advised to convert it etc. Please note mine is not a hand written PIO at all.

On top of that, I now had to pay some extra draft for this conversion.

I went to BLS, with perfectly aligned documents, based on their checklist, Canadian Passport, copy of PIO and Original PIO, (Indian cancelled passport eventhough I did not need to take that with me)

A PIO HOLDER already went through the hassle of getting the PIO so it is implied that the OCI conversion should be simple and not suffering.

When I went to BLS, they asked me unnecessary things like, where is your landing paper? Did you bring your original student visa copy? oh okay, do you at least have the cancelled Indian passport.

I tried to explain them that, it was not asked but then I figured its pointless to argue with these people so I said, alright I do have the Indian passport that was cancelled.

So here.

They said, I must give the original PIO card for verification and dont worry it will be returned to you.

So after I submitted the applciation, the tracking changed to Original ready for pick up.

When I went there, they told me to wait, and brought a stapled envelope from the inside, which had PIO card written on it, and the acknowledgement for the OCI as well. After signing the ledger, they handed the envelope, which was "empty"

I was like, what is this?

So the person said, the PIO card will be returned with the OCI booklet. So I asked why are you giving me an empty envelope then. It was hard for me to believe that because as soon as I took that "empty envelope" the status changed to, original was delivered by hand, as I checked my phone from there.

I called the call center and the person who I spoke to said, sorry PIO card may not be returned after checking my application.

I asked him why, he said we don't return original PIO Card.

Did they lose it or they are not giving it to anyone lately?
I used that PIO card as an ID to ship a giant container ocean freight to India and I need that original to clear the customs, as it will be harder for them to suddenly change the document.

Can someone shed some lights, anyone who went through this process very recently? Did you end up getting your PIO card back???
I have a feeling that you did not opt for their courier services. I am planning to start the OCI process next month and now worried that if I do not avail their courier services option maybe I tool could get a empty envelope back. The thing is original COPR needs to be send across. Could you explain your part and also the BLS location to be prepared for any outcome.
You could lodge complain against these arrogant BLS staff here:
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/feedback.php
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/escalation.php

Last edited:

minecraftwonderness

Star Member
Dec 24, 2018
I have a feeling that you did not opt for their courier services. I am planning to start the OCI process next month and now worried that if I do not avail their courier services option maybe I tool could get a empty envelope back. The thing is original COPR needs to be send across. Could you explain your part and also the BLS location to be prepared for any outcome.
You could lodge complain against these arrogant BLS staff here:
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/feedback.php
https://www.blsindia-canada.com/escalation.php

Hi there,
If you were wondering why I did not opt for the courier services, that is something I would have to rant about another day. But, here is the short version.

When I got the Canadian passport around 2015, they were supposed to return the original back to me. I can't remember if it was the Indian passport that was cancelled or the Canadian passport They lost it, well Fedex lost it. BLS said, we are not liable by any means if it was the fault of the courier company. So I had to deal with Fedex, a lot of screaming and yelling and begging, finally they traced the package and surprise surprise, BLS did not put my suite number on the envelope. It ended up somewhere in their Lakeshore location to be sent back. I had no idea why BLS did not simply print my address.

So this time, I would have paid them to let me pick up the package on my own if it was a choice.

I think you have to remember these people really do not give a rats a' about you. If they lost something which they quite often do, they don't care. In fact they would probably make it your fault.

One of the "senior" officers today was telling a guy who came in by 4 35 ish that, it is his fault for some mess up they did. He quickly ordered the client that, they close by 4 30 (eventhough their website says 5 PM) so next time, "come early" dont come after 4 30. We have a life. Totally unnecessary. He was diverting the topic and putting the blame on him. Reminded me of why I moved to Canada.

So anyway, you should pick it up if you can, instead of the courier. I am thinking about directly going to the Indian consulate to pick up the OCI if they would let me,(nice face discount attempt) lolol

PS: If you are worried about THEM sending your documents to India for processing internally, that is something you have no control over. That is how it is done. Unless you can get this done in India when you visit. But as far you receiving your documents locally, it is far better if you pick it up. Their internal courier services to India is being controled by CGI Toronto, so it may be more reliable. Also I only did the PIO to OCI, I did not need to send the COPR this time.

Edit 2: I live DT Toronto, closest one is North York, Victoria Park and Lawrence.

Last edited:

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Hi there,
If you were wondering why I did not opt for the courier services, that is something I would have to rant about another day. But, here is the short version.

When I got the Canadian passport around 2015, they were supposed to return the original back to me. I can't remember if it was the Indian passport that was cancelled or the Canadian passport They lost it, well Fedex lost it. BLS said, we are not liable by any means if it was the fault of the courier company. So I had to deal with Fedex, a lot of screaming and yelling and begging, finally they traced the package and surprise surprise, BLS did not put my suite number on the envelope. It ended up somewhere in their Lakeshore location to be sent back. I had no idea why BLS did not simply print my address.

So this time, I would have paid them to let me pick up the package on my own if it was a choice.

I think you have to remember these people really do not give a rats a' about you. If they lost something which they quite often do, they don't care. In fact they would probably make it your fault.

One of the "senior" officers today was telling a guy who came in by 4 35 ish that, it is his fault for some mess up they did. He quickly ordered the client that, they close by 4 30 (eventhough their website says 5 PM) so next time, "come early" dont come after 4 30. We have a life. Totally unnecessary. He was diverting the topic and putting the blame on him. Reminded me of why I moved to Canada.

So anyway, you should pick it up if you can, instead of the courier. I am thinking about directly going to the Indian consulate to pick up the OCI if they would let me,(nice face discount attempt) lolol

PS: If you are worried about THEM sending your documents to India for processing internally, that is something you have no control over. That is how it is done. Unless you can get this done in India when you visit. But as far you receiving your documents locally, it is far better if you pick it up. Their internal courier services to India is being controled by CGI Toronto, so it may be more reliable. Also I only did the PIO to OCI, I did not need to send the COPR this time.

Edit 2: I live DT Toronto, closest one is North York, Victoria Park and Lawrence.
I recently applied for Indian surrender certificate and I was forced to pay for courier services. But the Purolator guy just passed my apt and left a note at our post box to collect from their depot though I was at home and he could come upstairs and deliver. So if you pay for courier still you have to personally go and collect at the depot makes no sense.
Now for OCI if I say I will personally collect, then I am sure they will knowingly misplace my COPR since BLS just want each one to avail the courier services though its optional.

wolfpack27616

Apr 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I just replied to you in the other thread. The only thing i want to add here is, There is no process related with the Indian Government, that's implied to be simple and not suffering. It is all designed to be complicated and painful.

Reactions: qorax