+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Biometric pages - Anyone knows ?

wissamd

Sep 14, 2009
In the new citizenship application they ask for photocopy of biometric page with photo and personal info on it .
What about the pages that have entry / exit stamps ? Don't they want a photocopy of that ? Shall I add them just in case ?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I would advise doing all the pages. It saves you doing it later if they ask.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Leon said:
Yes, I would advise doing all the pages. It saves you doing it later if they ask.

What do you mean advise doing all the pages? Are they required or must included pages with the Citizenship application or else your application will be returned?

As far as the statement stands, its says only the biographical page.

When you said saves you doing later if they ask, what are you referring to? Ask in case they get RQed or ask that by returning the application?

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
What do you mean advise doing all the pages? Are they required or must included pages with the Citizenship application or else your application will be returned?

As far as the statement stands, its says only the biographical page.

When you said saves you doing later if they ask, what are you referring to? Ask in case they get RQed or ask that by returning the application?
The question of whether to submit just the required documentation or extra documents (primarily to avoid getting and RQ) is an issue much discussed in forums.

It is usually a bad idea to provide additional info that has not been asked for to bureaucracies unless it directly clarifies an issue where there is doubt. This is because keeping your file as simple as possible with just the required relevant documentation simplifies processing. CIC has been known to RQ applicants that submitted NOAs/T4s/OHIP records etc. Remember RQ issuance is based on known triggers e.g. self employment as well as other unknown triggers. For example if you submit NOAs but are self employed you may still get an RQ. Or if you submit NOAs with an employer that is not obviously Canadian (just throwing this one out) CIC may decide to RQ you anyway. Also maybe they RQ every 100th file received from each province for quality control.

Ultimately it comes down to personal choice - if it makes you sleep better sure submit it.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Msafiri said:
The question of whether to submit just the required documentation or extra documents (primarily to avoid getting and RQ) is an issue much discussed in forums.

It is usually a bad idea to provide additional info that has not been asked for to bureaucracies unless it directly clarifies an issue where there is doubt. This is because keeping your file as simple as possible with just the required relevant documentation simplifies processing. CIC has been known to RQ applicants that submitted NOAs/T4s/OHIP records etc. Remember RQ issuance is based on known triggers e.g. self employment as well as other unknown triggers. For example if you submit NOAs but are self employed you may still get an RQ. Or if you submit NOAs with an employer that is not obviously Canadian (just throwing this one out) CIC may decide to RQ you anyway. Also maybe they RQ every 100th file received from each province for quality control.

Ultimately it comes down to personal choice - if it makes you sleep better sure submit it.
Hi Msafiri,

Thanks for your comment.

First in regards to the biographical pages of passport, we only need to send the page with photo on it and not the entry/exit stamps. Right?

Second I agree with you sending more documents is not a good idea at all thinking it will speed up application. However, if you have been working for a big multinational canadian firm for the last 4 years or so and if you submit the NOAs/T4s/Pay slips, do you think it is a good idea to support your application?

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Hi Msafiri,

Thanks for your comment.

First in regards to the biographical pages of passport, we only need to send the page with photo on it and not the entry/exit stamps. Right?

Second I agree with you sending more documents is not a good idea at all thinking it will speed up application. However, if you have been working for a big multinational canadian firm for the last 4 years or so and if you submit the NOAs/T4s/Pay slips, do you think it is a good idea to support your application?
Hi,

To answer your question regarding documents to be provided along with application to CPC-Sydney, find below the information extracted from Citizenship guide.

3. Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Document(s)
The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and
expiration date.
Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled)
for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,
Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

It clearly mentions to provide copies of travel document (Visa's/Entry/Exit stamps) which helps CPC-Sydney to do there screening and may issue RQ if they are not sure about residency.

All they want is to check whether the criteria listed to meet Citizenship requirements is met or not. You may question why provide entry and exit stamp copies when it is not clearly mentioned? Most of the countries, immigration authorities as practice will stamp entry or exit stamp on the page next to the travel document(Visa), and it helps them count the days.

Hope that helps

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rocky272727 said:
It clearly mentions to provide copies of travel document (Visa's/Entry/Exit stamps) which helps CPC-Sydney to do there screening and may issue RQ if they are not sure about residency.
Hi rocky272727,

May be I am wrong, but from what I read off the CIC instructions, its either or both.

A travel document is NOT the visa or entry stamp or exit stamps in your passport. Its a document issued in lieu of passport for persons who are refugees, who came illegally to Canada without a passport and got PR, document issued to stateless persons, persons who seek Asylum etc etc....

A travel document is an acceptable replacement for a passport depending on individual circumstances.

If an individual has a passport, he/she wont have any travel document unless they got passport after getting the travel document, in which case they will have to provide both the copies.

So my understanding stands that ONLY biographical page is needed and nothing else. Ofcourse if you are providing all the pages of your passport, then its well and good. But certainly if you do not provide those, its not that your application will be returned.

I guess others can prove me wrong ;D ;D ;D

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Hi rocky272727,

May be I am wrong, but from what I read off the CIC instructions, its either or both.

A travel document is NOT the visa or entry stamp or exit stamps in your passport. Its a document issued in lieu of passport for persons who are refugees, who came illegally to Canada without a passport and got PR, document issued to stateless persons, persons who seek Asylum etc etc....

A travel document is an acceptable replacement for a passport depending on individual circumstances.

If an individual has a passport, he/she wont have any travel document unless they got passport after getting the travel document, in which case they will have to provide both the copies.

So my understanding stands that ONLY biographical page is needed and nothing else. Ofcourse if you are providing all the pages of your passport, then its well and good. But certainly if you do not provide those, its not that your application will be returned.

I guess others can prove me wrong ;D ;D ;D
Thanks for correcting me on it.

I completely agree with you.

dear_pnp

Jan 15, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Awww thanks rocky272727...

So its okay to just send the bio page, right?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you read the instruction guide at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/CIT0002ETOC.asp#CIT0002E4 it says you just need the biometric page from all of your passports for the last 4 years.

3. Biographical page of Passport(s)/Travel Document(s)

The biographical page means the page where it has your name, photo, passport/travel document no., issue date and expiration date.

Provide photocopies of the biographical pages of all passports and/or travel documents (valid and cancelled) for the relevant four (4) year period immediately preceding the date of your application,

Also, provide photocopies of any renewal pages of the passport(s)/travel document(s).

Note: If any of these documents are no longer in your possession please explain why.

Format: Clear and legible photocopy
It clearly says in the checklist and instruction guide what they want. That is the minimum. Anything above that is up to you. I do not agree that sending extra documents will necessarily prompt an RQ but I also don't think you should overdo it. Immigration has been known to RQ all kinds of people whether they sent extra documents or not. When I applied, I did not send anything extra. I did not get an RQ but my application took 2.5 years to process when everybody else in my area was getting it in a year. If I was applying today, I would certainly send something extra, even if only a bank letter from my employer verifying my employment for the past few years.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dear_pnp said:
Hi Msafiri,

Thanks for your comment.

As the saying goes when in doubt read the instructions..as has been pointed out the guide states what is needed. Make sure you have the most recent version of the application form and guide. Sure you can send the additional info you state if it gives you peace of mind - this may or may not influence the issuance of an RQ. CIC has your employment declaration on the application form - if they want to follow up on this to include directly contacting the employer they can always do so.

CIC really should consider the provision of SIN details in the application form so they can get tax records directly as they do for CBSA travel records - many countries check up on an applicant tax affairs for their citizenship process e.g. US/UK/Australia.