+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

being separated and need to seek asylum in canada

gocanada2300

Mar 13, 2016
my nationality is Vietnam. I'm married to an European guy and living in Europe. Right now my status in this EU country is temporary residence permit which might become great barrier for me to get asylum application approved.

will this barrier cleared away if I am legally Separated shortly before I go to canada? ()

(ps: I am financially dependant on my spouse and divorce procedure spends years to go through! :mad:)

thank you for the suggestions.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
gocanada2300 said:
my nationality is Vietnam. I'm married to an European guy and living in Europe. Right now my status in this EU country is temporary residence permit which might become great barrier for me to get asylum application approved.

will this barrier cleared away if I am legally Separated shortly before I go to canada? ()

(ps: I am financially dependant on my spouse and divorce procedure spends years to go through! :mad:)

thank you for the suggestions.
Your temporary residence permit in Eu country is not a barrier at all to apply for a refugee protection in canada. the major barriers or points of concern might be:-
a) the main reason why you cannot return back to your own home country. what are the problems you could face if you return back to Vietnam.
b) why didnt you seek protection from the EU country (where you were legally living) if you cannot return back to your home country. ( you must have a genuine reason for this)
if you have reasonable answers for the above 2 major barriers then you can have good chances to get approved in canada and it doesn't matter what your marital status is (legally separated or not, having a EU national husband..etc )

hope it helps

gocanada2300

Mar 13, 2016
thanks to kriv for the reply.

Why dont I apply for asylum in this EU cuntry where I am living legally?---because this EU country has very bad reputaion with treating refugees. Is that enought?

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
gocanada2300 said:
thanks to kriv for the reply.

Why dont I apply for asylum in this EU cuntry where I am living legally?---because this EU country has very bad reputaion with treating refugees. Is that enought?
No technically you can never prove that any of the EU countries are treating refugees badly. cuz ground reality says that EU countries have a very long history of treating his refugees in a very generous way. plz note a refugee claimant and a refugee are 2 different terms/groups. a person who is approved as a convention refugee is called refugee and person who claims protection is called Refugee claimant. one can only achieve a conventional refugee status if he get a positive decision (case approved by the government). Mover over the people who are approved as a refugees (got positive decision ) in EU countries are getting all the benefits and are living legally and peacefully with no different treatment as other residents.

can you specify any cruel or bad treatment refugees are getting from the EU country where you are living?

and btw why you cannot return back to your own home country? (this is the base of a refugee claim)

hope it helps