+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@BCGUY and LEON i got a question or maybe some one else can answer this

philz

Oct 1, 2008
i think i found a lop hole in the holiday work visa's people are saying there ez to get and there good for one year. what ya guys think and what info can you provide. i live in USA California FYI.

philz

Oct 1, 2008
woot woot did i find a loop whole. can ya help me find more info on this holiday visa program.like how long does it take and cost.

I understand that once we are there on a working holiday visa, and if we want to stay longer, we can try to change our visa status there. Any thoughts?

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can check swap.ca although that is the website for Canadians, it does have some links if you are going from another participating country to Canada. There is also bunac.org for British and USA holiday workers. I have no experience with how easy or hard it may be to change status from working holiday to regular work permit. I don't think it would be a big deal but I don't know anybody who has done this.

philz

Oct 1, 2008
thanks for the info leon im gonna do some research and ill be sure to post the results so you can see.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bunac.org also works for USA but it's only 6 months for them to work

philz

Oct 1, 2008
the sites i seen shows that the working holiday visa is good for one year then you have to leave canada but you can renew it out side of canada and come back in.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
http://www.bunac.org/usa/workCanada/ is only 6 months if you are from the US but a year if you are from the UK.

This one too: http://www.swap.ca/in_eng/us_index.aspx

philz

Oct 1, 2008
wow leon nice info and thanks for the info very much. im gonna use this program to first travel to Canada and see how the country is and see if i like it.

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you just want to travel, you don't need a visa if you are from the US, but you can use that visa to work for 6 months and maybe you can get the employer to change you to a regular work permit so you can stay.