+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BC PNP 2016 applicants join here!!!!

DiegoLA

Jan 23, 2017
Hello everyone!
I have just been nominated by BCPNP under the post-graduate category with NOC 9914. I'm about to send a paper based application for PR, but I'm not sure if I need to send language test results with it. I have called CIC a few times, and got mixed answers.
The application checklist says the following about language test results:

"Proof of Language Proficiency

Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:

• IELTS (General Training test only),
• CELPIP (General test only), and/or
• TEF.

You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC."

But my NOC code is "N/A 9914" to be exact, which does not belong to any skill level in particular. I understand that since NOC code is "not applicable" to my case, I cannot be considered skill level C or D and hence I shouldn't have to send IELTS scores with my application. But I cannot be sure, I would hate to have my PR application delayed or returned for trying to save a few dollars on an English exam. Has anyone been in a similar situation? What did you do?

Cheers!

Mickeal

Star Member
Mar 1, 2017
Hello everyone!
I have just been nominated by BCPNP under the post-graduate category with NOC 9914. I'm about to send a paper based application for PR, but I'm not sure if I need to send language test results with it. I have called CIC a few times, and got mixed answers.

Since July 1, 2012, most applicants to Provincial/Territorial Nominee classes in semi or low-skilled professions that fall under National Occupation Classification (NOC) skill level C and D are required to complete a language proficiency test from one of the following designated agencies:

• TEF.

You must include a copy of your language test results with your application to CIC."

But my NOC code is "N/A 9914" to be exact, which does not belong to any skill level in particular. I understand that since NOC code is "not applicable" to my case, I cannot be considered skill level C or D and hence I shouldn't have to send IELTS scores with my application. But I cannot be sure, I would hate to have my PR application delayed or returned for trying to save a few dollars on an English exam. Has anyone been in a similar situation? What did you do?

Cheers!
its better to send language test result if you have, otherwise it can result in delay of processing your file if CIC asks you to submit it.

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
Hello everyone!

• TEF.

Cheers!
You don't need to sit for the exam. This I confirmed personally over the phone with BC PNP immigration officer. The NOC code on your nomination certificate is a special code which tells CIC to waive the English test. This info was what the immigration officer working for BC PNP told me over the phone. That said, I also called CIC to confirm and I informed its not a requirement. So you are in the clear.

Chibuz

Star Member
Apr 6, 2016
hi all,

Has anyone applied via BC PNP SI international postgraduate category, received his/her nomination certificate and sent the paper based application to CIC within the last six months? If yes, have you received your AOR yet?

DiegoLA

Jan 23, 2017
You don't need to sit for the exam. This I confirmed personally over the phone with BC PNP immigration officer. The NOC code on your nomination certificate is a special code which tells CIC to waive the English test. This info was what the immigration officer working for BC PNP told me over the phone. That said, I also called CIC to confirm and I informed its not a requirement. So you are in the clear.
Wonderfull! Thank you for your answer and good luck with you PR application Chibuz.

ashraf09

Oct 4, 2015
Hello Guys, I am going to apply for the BC PNP nomination under the International Post Graduate Stream. I have recently completed my masters degree and applied for my Post Graduate Work Permit a week back and yet to receive a decision. When I was looking at information I need to fill it for the BC PNP nomination, it asked for my current status is Canada. So should it be "worker" as I applied for the work permit already? Or should it be "student" as my study permit has not expired yet? Can you guys please reply? Thanks in advance.

Kdsinghonline

Jan 31, 2016
Hello Guys, I am going to apply for the BC PNP nomination under the International Post Graduate Stream. I have recently completed my masters degree and applied for my Post Graduate Work Permit a week back and yet to receive a decision. When I was looking at information I need to fill it for the BC PNP nomination, it asked for my current status is Canada. So should it be "worker" as I applied for the work permit already? Or should it be "student" as my study permit has not expired yet? Can you guys please reply? Thanks in advance.
Its now almost 5 months still waiting applied on invitation on dec 8 and applied on jan 2, anybody else waiting like me (Pnp express entry int graduate)

harryvu

May 28, 2017
Hello guys. I have few questions regarding my PR application. I tried to look all over the place but could not find the answer. Thank you so much for your help.

#1: I applied for the Federal Skilled Express Entry and is currently waiting for my invitation. I am also qualified for the BC PNP program. However, most likely, my ITA for the Federal EE will come before BC PNP. So, in that is the case, should I wait for the BC PNP or should I proceed with Federal EE as soon as I get the ITA? Is there any benefit of going through the BC PNP track (For example: faster or high chance of approval?)

#2: If I get the BC PNP ITA based on my current job offer and later I decide to work for a big Bank instead, will I loose my BC PNP? Given that I changed the employer and from what I heard, big Banks do not provide BC PNP sponsorship.

#3: If my current employer allows me to work both jobs at the same time (bank and his company) given that the final result of the job is more important for him than me showing up at the office 30-40 hours a week, am I allowed to take both jobs and continue to be eligible for BC PNP? In another word, does BC PNP restrict their candidates from working multiple full-time jobs?

#4: Regarding the BC PNP Job Offer, am I allowed to start my employment after I get my PR or do I need to start working right away (upon accepting the job offer)? I guess this can be a strong negotiation point for me with the employer.

allan.mbs

Jan 27, 2016
Hello!

Guys!

I will be applying in the next couple weeks for BCPNP. Please, if you have some group, add me: +1 604 716 1302.

Good luck to us!

Thanks!!

Istanbullover

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Hi everyone
I am about to start BCPNP. I have a few questions. I appreciate any help.
1. Wage requirement of your NOC job title must meet with median or min?
2. Am I allowed to work during the waiting time after I apply ?

Thanks!

suede

Nov 16, 2015
Hello guys,

I just wanna confirm, the BCPNP is only for those people already in Canada working right?

Thanks!

nasif

Star Member
Feb 2, 2011
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
16-06-2017
Nomination.....
08-06-2017
AOR Received.
16-08-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
26-02-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2018
LANDED..........
05-10-2018
Did anyone receive nomination recently? Any March applicants?

Khw819

Feb 16, 2017
Hi
Did anyone recieve nomination like me?(nov.dec.applicants)
I submitted my file on Dec.15 2016.
And sent additional doc on feb 2017. Still waiting nomination.It's almost 6 months:(