+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Bank not offering Letter, can 6 months pdf statements work?

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Hi Guys,

My Bank is not issuing a letter to state my account information. However, my bank statements give my information with my account number and address with my name as well as the Bank's details which is a color copy which is downloadable.

I want to know if a 6 months Bank Statement that mentions everything is required or do I need to get a Bank Letter with the Letterhead for Express Entry?

Request you all to respond!

Best,

Dan

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Hi Guys,

My Bank is not issuing a letter to state my account information. However, my bank statements give my information with my account number and address with my name as well as the Bank's details which is a color copy which is downloadable.

I want to know if a 6 months Bank Statement that mentions everything is required or do I need to get a Bank Letter with the Letterhead for Express Entry?

Request you all to respond!

Best,

Dan
It may not work. What bank is it if I may know. A bank is obligated to provide its customer a letter of assets. Atleast it is so in my country.

dauntless84

Sep 25, 2017
Bank of America. I already uploaded the Bank Statements which was for six months. However, I did not mention anything that the bank refused to give a letter. But in the LOE, I gave them every detail of the account + any transactions + loans minus the current balance amounting to so and so US Dollars.

I am quite frustrated to be honest.

Your response wud help.

Dan

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Bank of America. I already uploaded the Bank Statements which was for six months. However, I did not mention anything that the bank refused to give a letter. But in the LOE, I gave them every detail of the account + any transactions + loans minus the current balance amounting to so and so US Dollars.

I am quite frustrated to be honest.

Your response wud help.

Dan
So here's the deal with IRCC, they aren't interested in LOE explanation of you having funds to move. They like hearing that directly from the banks.

I was sponsored for a US visa by my brother and he was able to secure the following document from Bank of America. I've redacted sensitive information. Maybe you should take this to your relationship manager and tell him you need this. If you are still unable to get it, I can ask my brother how he went about procuring his.

[SCREENSHOT REMOVED, Dan, please PM me if you want a screenshot of the redacted letter, I'm not comfortable letting it sit here on the public forum]

Ofcourse the subject line would probably change to IRCC for PR or something similar.

Last edited: