23-05-2017
Nomination.....
03-04-2017
AOR Received.
24-05-2017
Med's Done....
8-08-2017
Teebanks said:
GCMS notes are notes which give information about what is going on with an application. I requested mine using www.visafile.info
There are other ways of requesting though but don't really know about the other ways.
thank you for the info

bsb111

May 7, 2017
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-04-2017
AOR Received.
21-04-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfornt
Med's Done....
05-04-2017
Hi All,

Hope you all are good and hopeful. I submitted my application last month and the details are following.

Category: FSW Outland
NOC: 2172 Database Analyst and Administrators
ITA received: 24 March 2017
AOR: 22 April 2017
Status: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

The thing is that I have been working with only one employer since for last 5 years for which I am claiming my employment points.
Now, the top management of the company has decided to move to a new location in a month or so. The current location however will also be in use of the parent company and the telephone number will be operational but under the parent company's management.
My question is will this effect my background check process. What can I do to update my employer's new location and telephone number when it changes and if there is anything else I can do to make things easy for the VOs?

The uploaded Employment Record pdf contained the reference letter, visiting card of signatory and pay slips on the company letter head which contained old official number and address. However the signatory's mobile and email remain the same.

kindly advise.

moun

Nov 17, 2016
PPR+Meds is being requested for many cases, especially@CHC-ND. It doesn't signify anything, just a procedural issue. However, unfortunately Yes, u might have a bit elongated Security Scrutiny ['coz of the reasons u mentioned]. But, nothing alarming... expect to get the visa/s in the 'normal' timeframe +a month or so, here-n-there.

All the best !
Qorax

Hi Qorax,

I have Master's degree with 3 years of experience and in my previous job of one and half year, I was given cash vouchers and salary certificate as for the proof of salary and it's a very small company with 10-12 employees (3rd job) and while in my 1st two jobs was getting salary was credited to my bank account. Currently I am working in a hospital which gives me salary thru cheque basis.My salaries include 1st job (1,20,000 INR), 2nd job ( 1,80,000 INR), 3rd job (1,92,000 INR) and 4rth job ( 2,40,000 INR). All these salaries are per annum and are not taxed. I also saw in Google taht upto 2,50,000 INR the salaries are not taxed from 2014-2017 years. So could you please answer my below queries :-

1) WILL CIC ASK WHY I HAVE NO PF DEDUCTIONS FOR 3RD AND 4RTH JOB AND WHY U HAD IN 1ST AND SECOND JOBS?
2) WILLCIC ASK WHY YOU HAVE SAME FORMATS/ LAYOUTS OF COMEPNSATION DETAILS BOX AND SALARY CERTIFICATE ?
3) HOW WILL CIC USUALLY CONDUCT BACKGROUND CHECK? WILL THEY CALL ? AND AT WHAT TIMES THEY WILL THINK TO VISIT OUR OFFICE?
4) SUPPOSE IF FOR THE FIRST TIME MY EMPLOYER DOSENT ANSWER THE CALL WILL CIC CALL AGAIN OR PUT A MAIL OR VISIT THE OFFICE?
5) GENERALLY WHEN THEY CALL MY EMPLOYER WHAT QUESTIONS THEY WOULD ENQUIRE FROM MY EMPLOYER ?? (I want to know this because my HR in the second job is not friendly and an arrogant man)
6) FIRST AFTER WE GET ITA, MOSTLY AND FIRSTLY THEY WILL DO BACKGROUND CHECK OR MEDICAL CHECK?
7) WILL CIC CALL ALL THE APPLICANTS? FOR WHICH APPLICANTS THEY WONT CALL ?
8) IN MY CASE OF NO TAX AND PF DEDUCTIONS WILL CIC ASK FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS?
9) TO INFORM YOU, I HAVE APPOINTMENT LETTER, RELIEVING LETTER, EXPERIENCE CERTIFICATE, REFERENCE LETTER, SALARY CERTIFICATE FOR 1ST, 3RD AND 4RTH JOBS AS I REQUESTED BUT COULD NOT OBTAIN FOR 2ND AS THEY REFUSED TO GIVE BUT I HAVE SALARY SLIPS FOR 2ND JOB., SALARY SLIPS FOR ALL JOBS. STILL DOES CIC ASK ME FOR ANY ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS . ??
10) MY ANOTHER GREAT CONCERN IS IF I AM NOT AT OFFICE WHILE CIC PEOPLE VISIT MY CURRENT WORK PLACE AND I AM ON LEAVE WILL CIC PEOPLE WHO CAME FOR VERIFICATION REJECT MY APPLICATION AS I AM NOT THERE AT HOSPITAL AND MISINTERPRET MY CASE?
11) IN WHAT INSTANCES DOES CIC GET DOUBT IN EMPLOYMENT DOCUMENTS ( Its a general question).
12) CAN U GIVE SOME IMPORTANT THINGS TO BE KEPT IN MIND AFTER ITA TO FOLLOW?

Sorry, I have so many doubts , I will be really grateful if you could explain clearly all the above questions as I found your expertised post above but still wanted to ask u some questions in details.

AWAITING YOUR REPLY QORAX ASAP

Thanks a ton in advance.

rnimk

Star Member
Nov 14, 2016
Hello All,

I am an FSW-O candidate and my background check went from NA to in process today, My timeline is in my signature. When should we expect a PPR?

RZK

May 9, 2016
Jordan
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
27-02-2011
AOR Received.
06-03-2011
File Transfer...
31-01-2016
Med's Request
07-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-10-2016
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-08-2017
LANDED..........
17-08-2017
Does anyone here have an idea how long the security checks take for people from Iraq?
I'm sponsoring my husband who lives in Iraq and it's been 20 months since we applied. We're already 1 month past the processing times. Security check started 3 months ago. Anybody here in the same situation?
Hi Elham,

My family's file has been background checks for the last 8 months. We're from Jordan.
I am hoping to get clearance soon!

Surena

Star Member
Jun 12, 2017
Hi friends
I am a FSW-Inland
AOR: March 9th
Medical passed: April 29th
BGC: Not applicable (I do not remember the changes)
Asking for my resume: June 13th
I was wondering what it means?can anyone tell me if my work experience eligibility has been accepted? So what's the next step? Am I in BGC?in which step?
I'm really confused and stressed!

ghanta

Feb 13, 2017
Good morning guys,
I am a bit confused about PR Background check vs Work Permit Background check. I am a PNP Inland Applicant. I got my AOR on April 12/2017. My Background check status for PR Application is "Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information". I also applied for work permit extension and the Background status for work permit is "Background check:NA. I am a bit confused and want to know if there are separate background checks for PR & Work permit. Please suggest

bchatila

Star Member
Jul 6, 2017
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Paris
App. Filed.......
11-07-2017
Doc's Request.
11-07-2017
Nomination.....
31-05-2019
Med's Request
07-02-2020
Med's Done....
11-02-2020
LANDED..........
01-09-2021
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Hi Qorax,
If i was issued a canadian visitor visa, does it make my case easier when issuing my immigration visa?
Thanks!

sandy01

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
Background & Security Checks

Note: Our Background Check comprises of 2 parts:
1. The Standard Documentation Checks,
2. The Security & Criminality Checks.

Standard Documentation Checks:
Our background check is done at the CHC stage. It commences the moment our file gets the 1st BFD by the VO. An indicator of which is the e-CAS that shows "In Progress". All docs been checked & our NOC being tallied against the MI, if the VO finds our case 'eligible' for Canadian PR, the file becomes 'Accepted'; and then it goes for standard background checks, viz. Exp, Quals, Adaptability, Qualitative Considerations etc.

The process involves many things. If our case file is well presented and the enclosures vouch the quality-quantity, adequate POF docs etc., there might not be a requirement of 'actually' calling the employers, references etc. The VOs have a way with that, they are experienced enough to ascertain the logical disposition of our case. But, if there are any concerns of his/her, s/he is likely to ask for additional docs, do further scrutiny vide any means [calling, visiting etc.] & might ask for an Interview.

-Culmination: When 'fully' satisfied, we get the 'Medical Request'.
-Timeframe: Can be anything around 3-8* months, for the 'fast track' system (Avg. 4-5 months).
-eCAS: Continues to Show 'In Process'.
*The older system has a queue, thus can be longer.

Security & Criminality Checks:
A part of the b/ground checks is the 'Security Check'. It commences after our med results are submitted to the CHC. This is a major activity -mainly concerning our 'safe inclusion' into the Canadian Soil; vis-a-vis, Political, Socio-Econmical, Anti-Social disposition, perceived Threat to Canada's integrity etc. This gets us the SDEC, CDEC & SECCRIM.

This is a serious & time-consuming stage, involving many agencies, including CSIS, Interpol, NASC, Database Checking & touch-base with Local Police. Many things are considered here... the No. of countries visited, Applicant coming from 'certain' countries, ex-Servicemen [including Law Enforcement services], Prolonged stay in a country w/out sufficient docs to prove cause, frequent traveling to certain nations, your *Name (?), Inter-Religion/Nationality Marriages etc.

If everything is simple & straight, the file soon gets into the 'final review' stage. If there are any 'red flags', our case goes into a 'spin'. Then our file might go to the local Police/CID agencies; the outcome/timeframe of which is beyond the control of CIC. And thereby the timeframe can be anything [sometimes beyond 1yr]. But, usually this stage should be over by 5 months max. However, a point to be noted is that we can also be called for an Interview [at this stage], due to this reason.

-Culmination: Only upon security clearance we receive the PPR.
-Timeframe: Around 2-6 months. Avg. 3 months. [With new system, sometimes PPR is clubbed with Meds]
-eCAS: Still 'In Process', but 'Med Results Recd.' inside.

*Yes, that's how a certain Mr. Sharukh Khan was detained for 4.5 hrs in an US port. He was a VIP, thus 4.5 hrs. For u & me -things could be different.
The Process in a Nutshell:

Stage-1: [CIO stage] Send Initial Apps+Processing Fees to CIO-NS > Qualitative Check > Issue of AOR+120 days Letter >

Stage-2: [CHC stage onwards] Send Full Docs+RPRF to the Local Visa Office > File on Queue > e-Cas: "Received by Visa Office" > Eligibility Check+PSDEC > Issue of 2nd AOR > Background Check > Issue of Additional docs Request [if any] > 1st BF'D > e-Cas: "In Process" > Send Addnl. Docs > Issue of Med Request > 2nd BF'D >

Stage-3: Meds Sent > e-Cas: "Medical Results Recd." > Issue of PPR* > Send Passport/s > Security Check > Visa/s Stamped > e-Cas: "Decision Made" >
*The Meds & PPR are sometimes 'clubbed' together.

Stage-4: Return of 'Stamped' Passport/s+COPR > Landing at the POE > e-Cas: "Completed".

Qorax
Hi Qorax!!

I am a QSW applicant... NDVO (Visa office). and my timeline is ...
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 26, 2016.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on September 29, 2016.
  3. We started processing your application on October 11, 2016.
  4. Medical results have been received
I have tried contacting NDVO as i have not received my 'DM' or PPR yet..so this is what i got...

Please be advised your file is pending initial review. At present no action is required on your part.

Once the review is complete, our office will contact you with further instructions

Could you please tell me that how long more it should take with your knowledge & experience as i am really getting frustrated now.
I already have crossed 13 month timeline frame also & about to finish 14th month now.

Thanks in advance.

pat2311

Jul 18, 2017
Hi All,

Hope you all are good and hopeful. I submitted my application last month and the details are following.

Category: FSW Outland
NOC: 2172 Database Analyst and Administrators
ITA received: 24 March 2017
AOR: 22 April 2017
Status: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

The thing is that I have been working with only one employer since for last 5 years for which I am claiming my employment points.
Now, the top management of the company has decided to move to a new location in a month or so. The current location however will also be in use of the parent company and the telephone number will be operational but under the parent company's management.
My question is will this effect my background check process. What can I do to update my employer's new location and telephone number when it changes and if there is anything else I can do to make things easy for the VOs?

The uploaded Employment Record pdf contained the reference letter, visiting card of signatory and pay slips on the company letter head which contained old official number and address. However the signatory's mobile and email remain the same.

kindly advise.
Send them CSE (case specific enquiry) updating them with your information.

Nakaa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi Qorax!

In two mails to MP they replied that the security checking is in progress, but after MP when i enquired from visa office 2times they stated that the background check is in progress so i am stuck nearly 8months. I am confused whether background check is 1st or security is 1st. Further, they said they will send remedical for me as well and still i havt received.

I am confused now pls guide.

Ianiles

Jul 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
June 7, 2017
Doc's Request.
July 27, 2016 revised submitted on August 1, 2017
File Transfer...
August 3, 2017
Med's Request
July 28, 2017
Med's Done....
August 2, 2017
Passport Req..
Waiting...
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting..,
99% your b/g checks r over, else they wouldn't have sent u the meds request. -No point in getting one's meds done if s/he is not going to be accepted, right?

I had always been saying: The e-cas is 'not' the right way to check our case progress. 'Coz, it's not regularly updated -call it admin reasons. It is not done by our VOs. Sometimes the IT guys might be just complacent. But, usually it's updated to 'med results recd" when it's closer to your PPR. That means the VO has marked 'all Ok' at the recent BF'D.

Hope that clarified...
Qorax
Hi.., I filed sponsorship for my husband. My case is:
I was married to My previous husband(permanent resident)on 2010
We got divorce 2014
Remarry my bf in hk( philippines does not recognize divorce)2016
We got married to church( january 2017)
The one who officiated our wedding register our marriage in NSO(Philippines)
My question is if Manila VO will do a background chaeck and dind out two conflicting dates if marriage is this would ba a ground for refusal of PPR?
Cic mississsuga sent as s request for my husband medical. I am just worried in BCG stage. Please enlighten me. The one I submitted to immigration is only the marriage obtained in hk.

Nakaa

Star Member
Jul 17, 2017
Hi Laniles!

How did you get the below message that you post yout quiry:

99% your b/g checks r over, else they wouldn't have sent u the meds request. -No point in getting one's meds done if s/he is not going to be accepted, right?

I had always been saying: The e-cas is 'not' the right way to check our case progress. 'Coz, it's not regularly updated -call it admin reasons. It is not done by our VOs. Sometimes the IT guys might be just complacent. But, usually it's updated to 'med results recd" when it's closer to your PPR. That means the VO has marked 'all Ok' at the recent BF'D.

Hope that clarified...
Qorax

I want to know the above msg is for you or for me? Can you pls tell me urgently ???