Baby's medicals

Traveler74

Star Member
Dec 22, 2007
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!
My wife and I have received our medicals paperwork before we had our baby. We postpone the medical until after the baby was born. The baby is born now and we already sent his documentation to CIC so they can issue the baby’s medical paperwork. My question is the following:

Does anyone know how long does it usually take for them to send the medical paperwork for the baby?

CIC received the baby’s paperwork on October 17th.

Thank you.

pbusa15

Feb 2, 2008
My time line regarding to the addition our baby is:

I sent my baby papers (passport copy, birth certificate copy and fee) on July 28th to Buffalo office. Till that my initial assesment was not done. I received medicals for our family on September 19th 2008.

pecimob

Star Member
Aug 22, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am not sure how long it would take as it depends on where you lodge your application.
In my case, we received our documents for the medicals when my wife was two months to having our baby. We proceeded with the examination and reported that she was pregnant. Three weeks after submission of our medical reports, we received notification to submit our passports for the visa. The visas were issued in two weeks.

I guess it MAY take longer since your baby is already born. I think it could take somewhere between 3-12 months. In any case, I would urge you to be patient since I am sure it would come through for you.

pecimob

soj

Feb 23, 2007
traveler74,i also faced similar situation,a mail was sent to us to pick up our visas,at that time my wife was almost due so i sent mail to them x i was advised to allow her to deliver the baby so that the baby could be examined too.i travelled to accra to pick the medical instruction for my baby x the result was received at the embassy within a month.afterwards we were issued our visas.cheers

ghiaskhan

Yes applicant and each accomanying family member has to be mediclly checked before landing in Canada. expecting Parents have to get the new babies mediclly checked. The objective being
that you or any of your family members donot not

cause a danger to public health or safety in Canada; or
would cause excessive demand on health or social services in Canada.