+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

BABY BORN IN USA AFTER COPR

Nehapatel92K

Jun 7, 2022
I am from India and now living in the United States with my husband and daughter. I got my COPR through Ontario PNP on November 16th,2023. Our COPR expiry date is August 30,2024. we're expecting our baby in the month of July,2024. However, we want our baby to be born in US. so, we're planning to move to Canada after our baby is born.

We came to know from FB groups that we need to inform IRCC about change in our family status, as our COPR will be deemed invalid soon after our baby is delivered, and we need to follow the process of getting new COPRs .

However, I did not find any details of such on IRCC website, I am very confused and worried, as IRCC seems to be not responding to Webforms, so that option is out of the window, Some people suggested earlier that we need to contact our VO. so if that's true then,

1- How to contact our VO?, Where can we find their contact info.?
2- What are the steps after that, what is the timeline we can expect till we have our new COPRs.?
3- Do we need to submit the original documents (passport, birth certificate of the baby) or wait till we get the response from them?
4- What is the response time from VO.?

Additionally, I have a colleague who was in the same situation, but she went to Canada without informing IRCC about their newborn, and did a soft-landing with their baby and came back to US. Border agent asked about the baby, but they mentioned that "Baby is a US citizen and will be travelling as a visitor and they will be adding their baby to their profile later on", and Border agent let them through.

I WOULD REALLY APPRICIATE IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN THE PROCESS IN DETAIL, Provide any IRCC or CIC links if possible.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.

devcicuser

Jan 11, 2024
I am from India and now living in the United States with my husband and daughter. I got my COPR through Ontario PNP on November 16th,2023. Our COPR expiry date is August 30,2024. we're expecting our baby in the month of July,2024. However, we want our baby to be born in US. so, we're planning to move to Canada after our baby is born.

We came to know from FB groups that we need to inform IRCC about change in our family status, as our COPR will be deemed invalid soon after our baby is delivered, and we need to follow the process of getting new COPRs .

However, I did not find any details of such on IRCC website, I am very confused and worried, as IRCC seems to be not responding to Webforms, so that option is out of the window, Some people suggested earlier that we need to contact our VO. so if that's true then,

1- How to contact our VO?, Where can we find their contact info.?
2- What are the steps after that, what is the timeline we can expect till we have our new COPRs.?
3- Do we need to submit the original documents (passport, birth certificate of the baby) or wait till we get the response from them?
4- What is the response time from VO.?

Additionally, I have a colleague who was in the same situation, but she went to Canada without informing IRCC about their newborn, and did a soft-landing with their baby and came back to US. Border agent asked about the baby, but they mentioned that "Baby is a US citizen and will be travelling as a visitor and they will be adding their baby to their profile later on", and Border agent let them through.

I WOULD REALLY APPRICIATE IF YOU CAN EXPLAIN THE PROCESS IN DETAIL, Provide any IRCC or CIC links if possible.
THANK YOU VERY MUCH IN ADVANCE.
What your colleague did is not right. They will never able to sponsor their kid in future as the baby was born before they became PR and they never informed IRCC about it. They will find this hard way.

You would have gotten an email for PPR. Just respond to that about your situation and you should get something soon. Or you can also call the IRCC customer care. Another option is to land now, go back and then have the baby in US, and sponsor them later.

Reactions: Nehapatel92K

Anpman

Apr 15, 2018
Hello
We had similar situation in 2019 so I am not sure if anything changed.
Our COPR was valid till sep 2019 and our baby was going to born in July 2019, so we emailed them that our baby will be born in July 2019 so they asked them to contact them after baby is born.We emailed 1 day after baby was born they asked us to send his passport, photo to be added with us in COPR.
We got his USA passport in urgent , medical all done and submitted the documents within 25-30 days and we were able to do soft landing by September.
But in ur case it’s just 1 month gap from delivery so email them to extend COPR as according to our research sponsoring baby after soft landing will be a lengthy process.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: Nehapatel92K