+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

B4 form questions - landing document

smile1212

Oct 28, 2014
I am planning to land around mid September and in the process of sorting out stuff to bring and to follow. I take a look at the B4 or BSF186 form and would like to double check on how to fill in some of the fields,

* first my husband is a citizen and he is my PR application sponsor, and he has declared as non-resident since 8 years ago; he will enter Canada together with me for the landing. I want to double check I need to fill in the B4 and include all stuff that me and my husband to bring/to follow. There is no need to fill in two forms, correct? (no need to do one for me and my stuff, one for my husband and his stuff?)

* importer's address - we have not had our home yet in Canada, what address should I provide? I am going to use the address of my friend living in Canada for CIC to mail me the PR card. Will it be making sense to fill in my friend's address as well on this B4 form under importer's address?

* for the last part of B4 form, I need to sign and write down sign at location - should the location be my landing port? I am going to enter Canada in Vancouver airport.

Thanks for your help!

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
1. if both of you are declaring items at the same time, you need 2 separate forms. you are both settling under different categories. so either you claim everything as his, everything as yours or you split items and declare things separately. the way i read the document is that it is for 1 person, not multiple people. your entries are separate from each other, even though you're doing it at the same time. so i'd imagine cbsa looks at your declarations as separate too.

2. it really doesn't matter what you put there. put your friend's address.

3. i'd recommend waiting to sign/date the form until you get to your landing and declaration. the cbsa officer will tell you what to write in that field.