+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Awaiting pending US Green Card - Proof of Leaving Canada?

previnperera

Mar 25, 2024
Hi all!

My wife (Trinidad citizen) received an LMIA approved job offer recently, and we wanted to inquire on the proof of leaving Canada requirement. My wife has an approved employment-based Green card application which has about a 1.5-2 year wait time before her visa becomes current, for which we planned on working and experiencing another country temporarily as an transition point, and the opportunity in Canada is what clicked for us.

Would that be a sufficient reason as proof of leaving Canada, and would letter of intent + supporting GC documents suffice? (I-797 Notice of Approval + Letter from NVC stating application in the visa queue)

If due to whatever changes in circumstances we have to move back to Sri Lanka, both our families live in Sri Lanka, and we are capable of living at either homes on return to SL. Would it help to get letter of support from either/both our parents as well? Getting re-hired in SL is not a problem either as we both have good relationships with our employers (well known and reputed organizations). My wife has a stellar letter of recommendation from her current employer for visa purposes which can be used as proof too(maybe?).

Additional info: We current live in Sri Lanka with our child(3yr). My son and I are Sri Lankan citizens. I own a vehicle, but no property between us. Both our parents own property in Sri Lanka respectively. My parents also own and run a business in the Middle East. Not sure how much info would be relevant, but thought of sharing nevertheless.

Any advice or feedback would be appreciated!