+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Australian seeking Info on Working in Canada as a Skilled Worker - Plumber

matt1984

Feb 7, 2008
Hey,

Just wondering if anybody can help or give me any advice on some information Im after to work In Canada as a Plumber. Im currently living in my home country, Australia, and working as a Provisional Licensed Plumber. What I want to know is what is the process to work as a Plumber in Canada. Also if anybody can give myself some information on Visas and whats needed. It would be very much appreciated.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

matt1984 said:
Hey,

Just wondering if anybody can help or give me any advice on some information Im after to work In Canada as a Plumber. Im currently living in my home country, Australia, and working as a Provisional Licensed Plumber. What I want to know is what is the process to work as a Plumber in Canada. Also if anybody can give myself some information on Visas and whats needed. It would be very much appreciated.
1. First you should find an employer who is willing to get a Labour Market Opinion (LMO) that there are no PRs/CC available for the position, if you are fully qualified plumber. If the employer is successful you can obtain a work permit. Initially it will only be valid for 6 months, so you can challenge/pass the red seal exam. If you are successful, you Work Permit would be extended.
2. Once you have been admitted to Canada for 1 year, you can apply for Permanent residence status, either through Buffalo or Sydney, your choice. It is possible with the shortage of trades, your employer maybe able to get you a Provincial Nomination Certificate (PNP) check out PNP for the Province you are interested in.
3. Start your reading at www.cic.gc.ca, all the info on how to apply is there.
4. You could apply as a skilled worker without the job offer, but you are looking at 26-32 months processing at Sydney, and the line is getting longer.

PMM

PMM