+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

****AUGUST 2017***** OUTLAND SPOUSAL SPONSORSHIP OUTSIDE OF CANADA

msajed

Star Member
Sep 8, 2009
Hi guys can anyone explain to me how spouse sponsorship processing works, let's say I am sponsoring my wife and fill up application with all required document send it to CPC then CPC accept my application and send me aknowledge lettet and few month latter they send me letter that i met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. So that means they check everything of mine and cleared me like no criminal record etc rite? Then CPC send my application to visa office for further processing so can anyone explain to me what the process of visa office? Do they check my BG and everything else again?

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Hi guys can anyone explain to me how spouse sponsorship processing works, let's say I am sponsoring my wife and fill up application with all required document send it to CPC then CPC accept my application and send me aknowledge lettet and few month latter they send me letter that i met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. So that means they check everything of mine and cleared me like no criminal record etc rite? Then CPC send my application to visa office for further processing so can anyone explain to me what the process of visa office? Do they check my BG and everything else again?
When it moves to the visa office, that means you are clear and it's your spouse's turn to get background checks and everything else.

msajed

Star Member
Sep 8, 2009
When it moves to the visa office, that means you are clear and it's your spouse's turn to get background checks and everything else.
Thank u for replying I appreciate and the reason I am asking cuz i read one of Indian guy posted that visa office in New Dehli rejected his application because his x wife took welfare. But why CPC never rejected his file? Why they send file to visa office?

naz-y

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Thank u for replying I appreciate and the reason I am asking cuz i read one of Indian guy posted that visa office in New Dehli rejected his application because his x wife took welfare. But why CPC never rejected his file? Why they send file to visa office?
That is a good question, but usually, when you get your sponsorship approval it means, you are eligible to sponsor and your background checks and everything is done on your part.

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Hey everyone! This forum helped a lot so I thought I will share my timeline which might help others :) :

- I applied for spouse sponsorship on 08/08/2017
- AOR1 received on 18/09/2017
- Linked online account and submitted PC + Schedule A on 21/09/2017
- File sent to Singapore VO on 10/02/2017 + requested to submit CSQ
- CSQ sent on 10/10/2017
- AOR2 received ( file opened in Singapore ) on 10/13/2017
- Application is in process and I am waiting for medical request

Hopefully anytime soon !!
When did you apply for your CSQ? Do they invite you to do so? I've heard it takes a month,am I correct?

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
my husband also has very high cholesterol but his medical results on the system say passed....after speaking with the panel physician we learnt they are more concerned about the xray, hiv, hep tests to be honest! goodluck
Thank you Nishvi, you really calmed me down

Reactions: Nishvi

Safa.Moreira

Star Member
Oct 8, 2017
Hi, you don't have to worry about this. For spousal sponsorship, you are not held to the same standard as other PR applicants when it comes to the medical. While other applicants are required to not be an undue burden on the health care system, spousal sponsorship applicants are exempt from this requirement. You pretty much just have to not be bringing any crazy deadly diseases into Canada and that's about it. You have no reason to worry.
Good to know! As per this understanding I should be fine then. Thanks for the information

pepto

Star Member
May 23, 2007
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 15, 2013
AOR Received.
PER Received July 24, 2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
NDVO Sept 6, 2013
Med's Request
April 23, 2014
Med's Done....
April 30, 2014
Hi There,

Is there any August 29 applicant, I am still waiting for my AOR1? I check my mail regularly and there is no return.

I have tried calling IRCC call center and they are always busy, couldn't get hold of them and also I still don't have the file no. yet.

Any ideas? what should I do? I am getting worried now?

Nishvi

Oct 16, 2017
Hi There,

Is there any August 29 applicant, I am still waiting for my AOR1? I check my mail regularly and there is no return.

I have tried calling IRCC call center and they are always busy, couldn't get hold of them and also I still don't have the file no. yet.

hey, I think you’ll receive your AOR soon! Based on others that have sent it around the same time you did, they’ve gotten it within the last couple of days (mississauga office)

which office did you send it to?

Keep track of your app and compare it to others on the spreadsheet below;

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dJsaLvHra4173xPfRwZbXo73hsxoXaLSJ5-tcm7qnJI/edit#gid=784123583

Good luck

Last edited:

trev854

Star Member
Sep 29, 2017
Hi There,

Any ideas? what should I do? I am getting worried now?[/QUOTEi

you should call, be prepared to wait 45 mins.

aiz19

Star Member
May 22, 2013
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-10-2017
Hi There,

aiz19

Star Member
May 22, 2013
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-10-2017
Hi, my application was received Aug.282017, first AOR on Oct.11..

aiz19

Star Member
May 22, 2013
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-10-2017
This is my timeline...

Sponsorship

1. We received your application to sponsor ......on August 28, 2017.

Dependents listed on the application are:
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 10, 2017.
Today, Oct.17,2017... update on Cic online tool is “Decision Made” , not sure what the decision is as we didn’t receive any email yet.. What could it be? Hoping for a positive response.. crossing my fingers and praying so hard for an SA soon.

Nishvi

Oct 16, 2017
This is my timeline...

Sponsorship

1. We received your application to sponsor ......on August 28, 2017.

Dependents listed on the application are:
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on October 11, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on October 10, 2017.
Today, Oct.17,2017... update on Cic online tool is “Decision Made” , not sure what the decision is as we didn’t receive any email yet.. What could it be? Hoping for a positive response.. crossing my fingers and praying so hard for an SA soon.
They didn't ask for Schedule A, PCC or medical? positive thoughts your way

Decision made for the applicant usually doesn't happen before those three are requested and sent to VO

Decision made would have been made for you as the sponsor!

Decision made means 1 of 3 things ( applicant)

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

Sponsorship / In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status Determined
The sponsorship applications and In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you in writing in either case.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

Last edited:

aiz19

Star Member
May 22, 2013
PH
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
28-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-10-2017
They didn't ask for Schedule A, PCC or medical? positive thoughts your way

Decision made usually doesn't happen before those three are requested....

means 1 of 3 things

An Interview May be Required
We will review the application and decide if an interview is necessary. If so, we will inform you in writing of the date, time and location of the interview.

Sponsorship / In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status Determined
The sponsorship applications and In-Canada Application for Permanent Resident Status will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you in writing in either case.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.