+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ATIP: Difference between GCMS, CBSA and CSIS notes?

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
Hi. I have been in the security process for 9 months now. As I have no way to contact anyone to find out where it is "stuck" (VO does not reply, ect.....), I ordered the above notes. I specifically asked CBSA when security was asked and when/if given to IRCC, as I am trying to find out where it is stuck. I received a condensed version of my GCMS notes. What would I see as a difference between the different ATIP notes?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi. I have been in the security process for 9 months now. As I have no way to contact anyone to find out where it is "stuck" (VO does not reply, ect.....), I ordered the above notes. I specifically asked CBSA when security was asked and when/if given to IRCC, as I am trying to find out where it is stuck. I received a condensed version of my GCMS notes. What would I see as a difference between the different ATIP notes?
I've no idea on the difference between the ATIP notes. Apparently there is a way to ask for CSIS notes, but usually so redacted you'd be hard-pressed to get much additional info.

But going back a bit: my understanding is that 'security' will show as not complete until the file is approved. That is, the fact that security shows as not complete or not started does not actually tell you that the file is stuck because of security. (Although arguably that wouldn't be too surprising with applications from cuba).

Given covid and that the file is in Mexico (an office that gets comments about being slow), this may be - unfortunately - just normal slowness.

I'd suggest trying your MP - multiple times - and hope. At least now you have yoru spouse in Canada.

Liveinthepresent

Mar 10, 2020
I've no idea on the difference between the ATIP notes. Apparently there is a way to ask for CSIS notes, but usually so redacted you'd be hard-pressed to get much additional info.

But going back a bit: my understanding is that 'security' will show as not complete until the file is approved. That is, the fact that security shows as not complete or not started does not actually tell you that the file is stuck because of security. (Although arguably that wouldn't be too surprising with applications from cuba).

Given covid and that the file is in Mexico (an office that gets comments about being slow), this may be - unfortunately - just normal slowness.

I'd suggest trying your MP - multiple times - and hope. At least now you have yoru spouse in Canada.
Yes, MP involved but no answers. Mexico slow for some, not all. GCMS notes show security started July 29 2021, Note to request update November 2021, Update actually requested March 3. 8 months for update. Very frustrated since (and yes, one should not compare) Mexico giving DM to files made up to 5 months after us

ValDen

Star Member
Sep 20, 2023
Im just wondering if you ever completed your security check and if you did, how long did it take? We are stuck in the same situation, VO manila.