+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Assylum seeking problems!!

Kjano

Dec 16, 2015
So I have a nephew who lives in far south in canada and i will be be applying for assylum in a point of entry far away from him.

And i was wondering if the immigration officer would call and confirm my relationship wih him. I mean is it enough if i gave his number to the immigration officers or do i need more evidence since he cant come at the border because his wife is pregnant.

And i dont know if he has gotten his Permanent residence yet its been six months since he got there, but his wife has a candian passport.

Btw, his wife came to india married him and then left and he was called after 2 years, thts how long his application took time to be processed.

An answer would be appreciated thank you in advance.

kriv

Aug 14, 2014
Kjano said:
So I have a nephew who lives in far south in canada and i will be be applying for assylum in a point of entry far away from him.

And i was wondering if the immigration officer would call and confirm my relationship wih him. I mean is it enough if i gave his number to the immigration officers or do i need more evidence since he cant come at the border because his wife is pregnant.
it is perfectly fine if your nephew cannot come to the boarder (it is not a requirement). the CBSA officer may most likely call him on phone to verify your relationship. you always need supporting documents to support your relationship no matter if he come to the boarder or not. in case if CIC suspect your relationship you may face problems because they wont let you in unless they make sure that you genuinely have a relative/nephew in canada.

And i dont know if he has gotten his Permanent residence yet its been six months since he got there, but his wife has a Canadian passport.
You must know this as CBSA needs to know his status. the status of your nephew is factor which will determine your eligibility. btw just a little cooperation of your nephew will make your things easy. and i dont find any reason why he will be reluctant to favor you as he wont be loosing anything. he is not sponsoring you, he wont be asked for any grantee or undertaking etc. so talk to your nephew and get your relationship verified without any hassle.

Btw, his wife came to india married him and then left and he was called after 2 years, thts how long his application took time to be processed.
it is only your nephew who can accurately tell you about his status. do not proceed on assumptions.