+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

asking for my travel history as i lost my old passport

laila

Apr 25, 2013
Hello again I am back

this was my case, and the questions I had for you guys few months ago please read first then answer my new question kindly!!!!!!!my questions will be under!!!

"Hi, Leon

Please help me, I landed Dec 2008 with my ex-husband, he was a student in USA, so we landed to Canada, then stayed for a week, went back to USA, we visited Canada maybe 4 times each time for few days, then after divorce, I left from USA to my country, stayed there for a year, then came back to Canada, Now I have a full time job, but my PR will expire at January 2014, and i wanted to go visit my family for 40 days and come back to my work, my questions are:
1) I did not stay for 2 years in Canada during the last 5 years, I will be missing 5 months, so i was told that the immigration will not agree to renew my PR, is that true?
2)Also, I was told by a friend that, After the expiration date of my PR which is at January 2014, I can wait till June 2014 and then apply, that will give me the missing months, can I stay at the country when my PR is expired, would that be legal, also will I be allowed to work a full time job, and live normal?Huh
3)Also will the immigration count these months for me even if its after the expiration date of my PR card?Huh? or they count only the five years before the expiration date??
This guy told me that the PR is only for you to leave and come back to the canada, is that true???
Advise me please Leon......

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok now my new question is:

I sent my application along with all the supportive documents that i could possibly get to support my time in canada for the last 2 years.after 4 months the CIC came back to me asking for proof of residency in canada before the 2 years, and I already told them that I lost my old passport, but the new passport that I have is the one I had for the last 2 years and a half....so I had to consult an immegration lawyer, and she told me its a nonsense of them to ask for more docs, but maybe the need to investigate more, then she asked me to request my travel history for the last 5 years, since the old passport that had all the visas and stamps is lost, so I will have to ask for my travel history for the last 5 years from 3 different countries USA, Canada and Egypt.....Now do you think its hard to issue such documents, how long does it take and the most important why the CIC are asking for more information if I already proved to them the 2 years of the last 5 years at canada.and do you think if i did these documents its enough for them to renew my PR card

looking forward to hearing your advice