+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Asking for immediate family members, post ITA form

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
I had NOT given any immediate family member information (like siblings/spouse etc) ,in the pre ITA application. (I only said that an aunt and uncle of mine live there as they are the citizens/permanent residents)
In spite of this, why is the post application form asking me for immediate family/ close relative information?
How can I proceed? Also, this required question so I cannot skip it.

Last edited:

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
I had NOT given any immediate family member information (like siblings/spouse etc) ,in the pre ITA application. (I only said that an aunt and uncle of mine live there as they are the citizens/permanent residents)
In spite of this, why is the post application form asking me for immediate family/ close relative information?
How can I proceed? Also, this required question so I cannot skip it.
It's background family information. Everyone has to fill that out. It doesn't mean they are coming with you to Canada.

RK2Canada

May 4, 2019
Visa Office......
Ottawa
ok. Thanks. Yes, the question does not say they should be anywhere residing in Canada OR flying with me to Canada. I just assumed it :p

But will they ask me for documentation? I have a Birth Certificate that has Mother's first name and Father's first name.
I also have an elder sister, but have no documment to prove that.

ClarkeS

Star Member
May 12, 2018
ok. Thanks. Yes, the question does not say they should be anywhere residing in Canada OR flying with me to Canada. I just assumed it :p

But will they ask me for documentation? I have a Birth Certificate that has Mother's first name and Father's first name.
I also have an elder sister, but have no documment to prove that.
No, I wasn't asked any documentation.

Reactions: RK2Canada