+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Arrival procedure / Permanent Resident Card

Yuba2891

Mar 19, 2019
Hello all,

I got my COPR and am currently preparing my journey.
However I have some questions, if you can help with answers please :

1- As there is no direct flight to my destination (Ontario), I am going to transit by Montreal. Should I start the registration of permanent residence at Montreal (the flight stopover) or at my destination's airport in Ontario ?

2- I understood that the border agents are asking for an address to send the PR Card to. As I am going to house in a hotel for the first weeks, I will not have a final address to receive my card. How can I manage this ?

3- The canadian law doesn't allow to pass through the border with more than 10.000 CAD. Is this limit set by person or by couple. I mean I can bring 10.000 CAD and my spouse 10.000 CAD, or we cannot exceed 10.000 CAD both ?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all,

I got my COPR and am currently preparing my journey.
However I have some questions, if you can help with answers please :

1- As there is no direct flight to my destination (Ontario), I am going to transit by Montreal. Should I start the registration of permanent residence at Montreal (the flight stopover) or at my destination's airport in Ontario ?

2- I understood that the border agents are asking for an address to send the PR Card to. As I am going to house in a hotel for the first weeks, I will not have a final address to receive my card. How can I manage this ?

3- The canadian law doesn't allow to pass through the border with more than 10.000 CAD. Is this limit set by person or by couple. I mean I can bring 10.000 CAD and my spouse 10.000 CAD, or we cannot exceed 10.000 CAD both ?

Thanks for your help,

Best regards
1 - You will finish the landing procedure in Montreal, make sure you have enough time to do so.

2 - You can inform them of your address afterwards through an e-form. (I believe it is either 60 or 90 days the amount of time you'd have to do so)

3 - You can bring more than 10k, you simply have to declare it.

Reactions: Yuba2891

Yuba2891

Mar 19, 2019
1 - You will finish the landing procedure in Montreal, make sure you have enough time to do so.

2 - You can inform them of your address afterwards through an e-form. (I believe it is either 60 or 90 days the amount of time you'd have to do so)

Thanks a lot DelPiero07 !

Yuba2891

Mar 19, 2019

Just one more question about the point 3 : If I bring more than 10K and I declare it, do I have to pay any taxes ?
Thanks !