+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ARC and studying`?

STN19

Aug 16, 2008
Hello,

Im hoping i could possibly get some answers in regards to my current immigration situation.

My family and i moved to canada in 2002. My mom got into the country using a student visa.
Then we later made a refugee claim but it was denied.
We appeald but had no luck with that.
We got an deportation order last year in sept. 2007.

My moms husband is still in Canada and they have both but in a sponsorship application.
But since my studies will be starting in 2008 this coming sept. I was told by the consulate of Sweden that my best bet would be to put in a students visa application to ensure that i would make it back to Canada on time.
I put in the application about a month ago knowing the processing time is about 6 weeks. Having done that i gave the consulate a call to check the status of my students visa application. Then to my surprise he tells me that i need an authorization to enter back into canada ?!
I never knew this before but he said that the visa office in london (where my application is being processed) would call me and give me more information. Now I want to take matters into my own hands instead of sitting around waiting for people to call me.
Ive been waiting soo long to go to school and I wont let this opportunity pass me by.

so..
1. How do i go about getting this authorization?
2. Do i need it ?
3. What are my chances of even returning to Canada
4. Approximately how long does the process take?

Appreciate any replys.

Best regards

STN19

Aug 16, 2008
By the way. Will the Canadian immigration "penalize" me for an application my mom put in when i was 13? (in terms of not letting me back in the country)

Leon

VIP Member
Jun 13, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe you need the authorization to return because you were deported before. I have absolutely no idea how easy or hard it is to get one but I would think that they would consider that you were a child at the time and it wasn't really your fault.