+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

April 2023 AOR

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021
I can understand cedieidia's anxiety. Unfortunately IRCC has neither uniformity nor tolerance range over average processing times, Some applicants got their PR approved in less than 20 days and this makes the others with similar AOR / time lines anxious they should get it too and when it doesn't come it can be frustrating. However we seem to ignore that some have not even got theirs in 20+ months. I have never seen something so unpredictable as IRCC PR processing.
The PNP applicants from Nov and later seem to be the worst hit, only exception some March PNP applicants got approved (either before the IRCC employee strike / immediately after in May), but others seem to be left hanging and my guess is we have to wait for 10 PNP months :(
Very true ! It's normal to get anxious especially when one sees others in the same situation ( AOR ) progressing quite well. Thanks to the forum! We can learn about others progress and challenges ! If this forum was not there then most of us would have gauged our progress against 6 months SLA :) .

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I can understand cedieidia's anxiety. Unfortunately IRCC has neither uniformity nor tolerance range over average processing times, Some applicants got their PR approved in less than 20 days and this makes the others with similar AOR / time lines anxious and gives and expectation they should get it too and when approval doesn't come it can be frustrating. However we seem to ignore that some have not even got theirs in 20+ months. I have never seen something so unpredictable as IRCC PR processing.
The PNP applicants from Nov 2022 and later seem to be the worst hit, only exception some March 2023 PNP applicants got approved (either before the IRCC employee strike / immediately after in May), but others seem to be left hanging and my guess is we have to wait for 10 PNP months :(
I get the anxiety part. However, I'm seeing a weird pattern where AORs are saying "I've lost all hopes" when they are just a month or two in :D That tbh feels like a hyperbole.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Very true ! It's normal to get anxious especially when one sees others in the same situation ( AOR ) progressing quite well. Thanks to the forum! We can learn about others progress and challenges ! If this forum was not there then most of us would have gauged our progress against 6 months SLA :) .
It is not normal to say "it's been a very long time" if you are barely 3 months into a SLA. That's just not rational, and talks volumes about the maturity of a person.

The forum offers a lot of data and it is upto an individual on how they perceive data. There's a reason why we say assume you'll be processed after 6 months, it is good if you get processed early, but you won't be worrying uselessly if you didn't. You can't reinforce poor behavior and say it is healthy. Otoh, genuine anxiety issues need therapy.

bleach

Star Member
Jun 23, 2023
It is not normal to say "it's been a very long time" if you are barely 3 months into a SLA. That's just not rational, and talks volumes about the maturity of a person.

The forum offers a lot of data and it is upto an individual on how they perceive data. There's a reason why we say assume you'll be processed after 6 months, it is good if you get processed early, but you won't be worrying uselessly if you didn't. You can't reinforce poor behavior and say it is healthy. Otoh, genuine anxiety issues need therapy.
I think you shouldn't use the historical average processing time to say that one also needs to wait for 6 months. Given the average processing time for the most recent AOR, which is less than 3 months, it is very reasonable to get anxious. We all know that IRCC has some weird tradition of delaying old applications. Thus, it is very likely that if you are not within the most recent average processing time range, you will never get it.

I have seen many datapoints for temporal visa applications. They got stuck for months or even years. Then they submitted a new application while having the old one open. Their new application got approved very fast but the old one still stuck there.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I think you shouldn't use the historical average processing time to say that one also needs to wait for 6 months. Given the average processing time for the most recent AOR, which is less than 3 months, it is very reasonable to get anxious. We all know that IRCC has some weird tradition of delaying old applications. Thus, it is very likely that if you are not within the most recent average processing time range, you will never get it.
See, expectations are fine. But I don't get the anxiety. Why are you anxious if you aren't getting processed any faster? Shouldn't people be mature enough to say "Oh, my bad, looks like I'll be processed late", but instead we see "f*ck IRCC", "I am losing all hopes", etc.

You can get anxious if you are worrying about a bad outcome (e.g. cancellation), but the only outcome for almost everyone post R10 pass is a little slow processing. A mature adult should be able to handle a delay better.

FWIW, IRCC is right now overstaffed with bloated budgets. The processing time is likely to go increase either with cost reduction or re-allocation of resources. I don't see how that's going to be the case with the current economy.

Josh_dan

May 10, 2023

I have seen many datapoints for temporal visa applications. They got stuck for months or even years. Then they submitted a new application while having the old one open. Their new application got approved very fast but the old one still stuck there.
I second this. It makes a lot more sense to compare against present timeframes which a majority of applicants are experiencing right now rather than going off comparatively legacy data (6 month SLA). Isn't this what these timeline threads are meant to be about in the first place? To share your highs and lows through the application process, but the main goal (admitedly selfish) is ultimately to gauge when your own approval comes through isn't it?

Also personally, I think it's in poor taste for some members who have obviously gone through the process and ultimately come out successful (most often in record time) to be critical of applicants expressing their frustration or anxiety on here. We should be uplifting and reassuring each other, not scoffing at or downplaying reactions to an obviously stressful life altering process.

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I really don't understand why they've got this selectively transparent system where people are able to check and compare each other's status and correlate them with the type and complexity of their applications. It just adds to the anxiety, especially since there is at times no logic to the things that happen. The officer handling a particular case may perhaps be on leave for 1-2 weeks. There should not be any tracker or gckey beyond submission and ADR.

qdee

Star Member
Mar 24, 2023
Category........
PNP
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
I really don't understand why they've got this selectively transparent system where people are able to check and compare each other's status and correlate them with the type and complexity of their applications. It just adds to the anxiety, especially since there is at times no logic to the things that happen. The officer handling a particular case may perhaps be on leave for 1-2 weeks. There should not be any tracker or gckey beyond submission and ADR.
I personally like the tracker thing. Maybe there's room for improvement, but the fact that they're giving non-residents this much transparency is imo pretty cool.
At least it tells you what not to worry about, like medicals after MEP, and your application files after eligibility complete.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
I second this. It makes a lot more sense to compare against present timeframes which a majority of applicants are experiencing right now rather than going off comparatively legacy data (6 month SLA). Isn't this what these timeline threads are meant to be about in the first place? To share your highs and lows through the application process, but the main goal (admitedly selfish) is ultimately to gauge when your own approval comes through isn't it?

Also personally, I think it's in poor taste for some members who have obviously gone through the process and ultimately come out successful (most often in record time) to be critical of applicants expressing their frustration or anxiety on here. We should be uplifting and reassuring each other, not scoffing at or downplaying reactions to an obviously stressful life altering process.
I am very direct. I'll say this as directly as I can.

I do get the frustration, but I don't get the logic in saying "I'm losing all hope" in 2-3 months.

Again, it is about maturity, rather than a real problem.

iSaidGoodDay

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
Kaneda
Also personally, I think it's in poor taste for some members who have obviously gone through the process and ultimately come out successful (most often in record time) to be critical of applicants expressing their frustration or anxiety on here.
It isn't a poor taste to tell that people need to mature.

We should be uplifting and reassuring each other, not scoffing at or downplaying reactions to an obviously stressful life altering process.
We do our part here as alums. We don't downplay reactions. We downplay hyperboles. 2-3 months is not a long time. It takes you more than that to file EE profile (IELTS, ECA, etc).

obviously stressful life altering process.
Your life isn't getting altered in anyway while you wait. Settlement is where that part happens.

Reactions: vidurarora

crunchyfrappe8

Star Member
Feb 2, 2023
I personally like the tracker thing. Maybe there's room for improvement, but the fact that they're giving non-residents this much transparency is imo pretty cool.
At least it tells you what not to worry about, like medicals after MEP, and your application files after eligibility complete.
It's not about the tool, but about the process itself. There is so much variance in 1. Time between medical complete and eligibility to start, 2. Time after eligibility+BGC complete and CoPR number to be reflected in the tracker, 3. Time between CoPR in tracker and RFV/PPR email.. Just today there was a case where a person got RFV email before things changed to Completed on the tracker! These sort of things can't be dependant on the complexity or type of application either. It's just absurd.

mapleworld

Jan 12, 2023
CEC Inland
AOR - April 4th
UCI/MEP/BIL - May 5th
(GCMS Note - Eligibility recommend passed May 12th)
Eligibility in progress - May 15th
(GCMS Note - Eligibility passed June 2nd, Security not started)
Re-medical request (Medical changed to in progress from completed) - June 2nd (Exam June 5th)
Eligibility completed - June 12th
Medical completed (again) - June 15th
Final decision in progress (GCKey) - June 25th
Background completed - June 26th
eCOPR number in tracker - June 26th
Portal email 1 - June 26th
Portal email 2 - June 27th
eCOPR - June 28th
Waiting for PR card photo review

Raulf

Star Member
Aug 27, 2021

I think you didn't get me correctly. It is completely logical/normal to get anxious based on the information available in this forum and say that it has taken long time. Since no-one here, including yourself, have information on the logic on how the applications are processed by IRCC, people are comparing themselves against others with similar AOR's. Unless and otherwise there is logical explanation for delays ( eg: ADR or other things ) one cannot say that it's not rational and question the maturity of the others.

Dude, just because "isaidGoodDay" its not going to be a good day for others, they also need to feel it the same way. Perspectives, circumstances may be different for different people. Taking a course on EQ may help your future life.

Yes. I don't agree on getting overly anxious and loosing hope until we get the final result !

Last edited:
Reactions: Bisht and Josh_dan