+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Appreciate all answers

Kellyxin

Aug 27, 2013
Hi there. I am going to apply Canada PR inland. I am holding a open visitor visa. My husband and I married 3 weeks ago in Calgary. He is a Canada citizen and a sponsor for my application.

1. I am a Singapore permanent resident holding a China passport. When I fill up the application form, can I use Singapore ID and china passport? As I don't have a china ID. If I cannot use Singapore ID, is it okay I tick no national identity document?
2. Do I submit police clearance and medical checkup report together with the application forms? OR should I submit the application forms first with out these 2. Will CIC give a notice for police clearance and medical report after they have assessed my case?
3.Birth cert with English translation was done a few years back in China. Can I just use it? Any additional things I have do for this birth cert?
4. Can I travel in and out of Canada while waiting for PR? Is my V-1 multiple visa remaining valid till the expiry date (2019)

thank you for clearing my doubts :)

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
1 - you can probably tick "no national ID", and add an explanation that you don't have a Chinese, one, but only one from Singapore, and include a copy of it in case it's relevant to them. (it might be because it's a permanent residence card). They will only use your passport because they will need to issue a visa based on your passport, so that's the most important. A lot of countries don't have a national ID and it's not an issue.
2 - Police clearance and medical check up should be submitted with the application, unless you require Police Clearance from countries that will only release them when CIC asks for it. Go on CIC website, see if the countries you need a Police Clearance from are one of them, and take it from there. Otherwise, include everything up-front. There is a form in the inland package to send to the Police Authorities, use that one.
3 - If I remember correctly, unless there is something specific for inland, you only need a birth certificate copy, so the previous might work. However, you need a certified translation - so you can not include a copy of the translation. So if you still have the original translation, certified, then it should be OK.
4 - no. The point of applying inland is being in Canada. If you want to be able to go in and out, you should apply outland (which you can do while being in Canada). If you apply inland, go out of Canada and get denied entry (for any reason), then your application will be deemed abandoned and you will have to start all over again. Not worth it in my opinion.
Sweden